Are these shoes horrible? I can't tell anymore.

(60 Posts)
PinotEgregio Tue 05-Apr-16 18:25:17

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26111056

I need to wear some sort of shoes on my feet. My feet tend to get really cold so I need the shoes to be sock-wearable. High heels hurt. Will I look really stupid if I buy these? It's so so hard to find nice flats. Help!

TellEmSteveDave Tue 05-Apr-16 18:28:09

No I don't think they are nice. The soles and bit above the soles look really odd and make the shoe look clompy.

What about the Clarks Hamble Oak instead? I have a few pairs and absolutely love them.

ggirl Tue 05-Apr-16 18:29:23

hmm they look like Doc Martens
if you're going for that vibe ??

I'm not keen but they look comfy

are you looking for flats to wear with jeans or skirts?

SugarDiabetes Tue 05-Apr-16 18:29:23

I love shoes and have far too many lots, and I'm very fussy about I wear on my feet - but I'd wear those!

I like the retro-brogue feel. Do it!

SaveSomeSpendSome Tue 05-Apr-16 18:29:42

They are masculine to me.

I do understand the trouble in finding shoes that are comfortable and nice.

I hate buying new shoes as its such a chore!

I find earth spirit shoes and boots are suited to my feet.

What about sketchers go walk?

LovelyFriend Tue 05-Apr-16 18:30:28

I think they are great!
Unless you have a specific preference for that colour, I would also check out DM's who do the same style in many variations. they even do a "For Life" version - you pay extra but DM will repair and maintain them forever so you only buy once.

www.drmartens.com/uk/c/womens-shoes?q=&text=#

TellEmSteveDave Tue 05-Apr-16 18:31:55

Infinitely nicer imo

MabelFurball Tue 05-Apr-16 18:33:17

They look very comfortable and the sort of thing you could do a fair bit of walking, but not to my taste. I tend to try and avoid laces and will wear slip on loafers.

RoobyTuesday Tue 05-Apr-16 18:33:25

I think it entirely depends on what you will be wearing with them. Personally I don't like them, I think they look really frumpy but I can see why some might think they suit a certain 'look'. They won't be so good for the coming summer months though, they are very heavy and clumpy.

SwedishEdith Tue 05-Apr-16 18:33:55

I've was asking myself the same question yesterday about the same shoes. Will watch.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 05-Apr-16 18:34:32

I like them but I don't care what anyone else thinks grin

AnyFucker Tue 05-Apr-16 18:34:45

Good God those shoes are fugly

MabelSideswipe Tue 05-Apr-16 18:36:36

I have them (and paid full price). I have had compliments.
I wear them with jeans/chinos with turn-ups. I would not wear them with a skirt or dress. They are very very comfy.

ScarletForYa Tue 05-Apr-16 18:36:36

They're hideous. Sorry OP!

Madbengalmum Tue 05-Apr-16 18:37:41

Horrid, sorry OP

burnishedsilver Tue 05-Apr-16 18:38:00

Depending on what you wear them with and how you carry yourself they'll either look kind of cool or they'll look like your dads shoes. It's a fine line to walk.

Not nice. If you want masculine looking shoes, you can't go wrong with DMs.

SwedishEdith Tue 05-Apr-16 18:44:56

They're on the cusp - agree it's a fine line. I feel for you , OP.

Very difficult to find flat shoes for work we have a long walking commute and when can't wear ballet shoes.

NicknameUsed Tue 05-Apr-16 18:51:31

SaveSomeSpendSome Are you me? I like Earth Spirit and Go Walk, but have been told many times on MN that they extremely frumpy. Quite frankly comfort is more important than looks when I am doing a lot of walking.

I do have silly shoes as well, but only if I am not doing much walking.

JohnCheese Tue 05-Apr-16 18:53:31

Sorry, I don't like them.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Apr-16 18:55:18

That's one ugly shoe op

Quantumleapinthedark Tue 05-Apr-16 18:57:33

As others have said, either go for DMs or if you'd like a brogue Clark's 'hamble oak' is brilliant.

BikeRunSki Tue 05-Apr-16 19:00:47

I love those in the OP!

SwedishEdith Tue 05-Apr-16 19:06:21

DMs take so long to break in.

Runningupthathill82 Tue 05-Apr-16 19:13:20

They are horrible, OP. Sorry, but they're clompy without being trendy, and just ugly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now