Are boot cut jeans really bad?

(209 Posts)
LardLizard Tue 05-Apr-16 09:44:14

.?

LittleCandle Tue 05-Apr-16 09:45:40

No. The shape is flattering to almost every woman on the planet, as they elongate your legs. Just make sure they aren't wide leg boot cuts, as those are universally hideous!

Costacoffeeplease Tue 05-Apr-16 09:57:28

No not at all - better than carrot legs smile

squoosh Tue 05-Apr-16 10:35:50

They look fine as long as they're quite fitted and the hem doesn't flap around the ankles.

liquidrevolution Tue 05-Apr-16 10:42:54

I have never left my beloved boot cuts. I will be buried in them. With my touche eclat and my karcher window cleaner.

squoosh Tue 05-Apr-16 10:45:57

That will be a majestic burial liquid worthy of the most celebrated Viking!

Will you be set alight and shunted down a river?

scaevola Tue 05-Apr-16 10:46:23

It all depends on how you want to look.

I think they make even slim women look chunky. Other people see them differently.

But it's a shame that the industry doesn't seem to want to make most cuts all the time, so that everyone can buy and wear what they like.

Herewegoagainfolks Tue 05-Apr-16 10:49:02

I know they aren't currently considered 'on trend' but for lots and lots of women they are considerably more flattering than skinnies.

The most stylish woman in our school playground (tumbling locks, flawless skin, gorgeous, effortless style and class) wears narrow boot cut jeans with her heeled boots.

I just sigh as she swishes past looking incredible on a wet Monday morning. She is also very lovely, has a great job, a happy marriage and 4 well behaved kids. I really like her, it's so annoying. grin

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 05-Apr-16 10:52:28

I think slim bootcuts flatter most people and they're certainly more forgiving than skinny jeans. Straight leg are my favourites though.

MrsJayy Tue 05-Apr-16 10:54:11

Im short under 5ft and they make me look shorter with ginormous thighs and the boot cut flap about but im sure they are fine on yougrin

AuntieStella Tue 05-Apr-16 10:58:09

I prefer straight or skinny, and there was whole decade where I bought only one pair of jeans because all there was were bootcuts!

I'd have expected the rise of Internet shopping to mean that more styles were readily available, but the straitjacket is a firm as ever. Those wanting bootcuts are probably yearning for them as strongly as I'm yearning for proper midi skirts (none of this knee length rubbish trying to change the meaning).

MsBojangles Tue 05-Apr-16 12:16:41

I love to channel my deeply buried inner Elle Macpherson in the summer with loooong flary bootcuts and high wedges.

Don't give a crap if they're dated, I look bloody marvellous...in my own head at least grin

QuimReaper Tue 05-Apr-16 12:17:38

They are generally very flattering, but all too often "boot cut" is confused with "bell bottom". If you have wide hips and wide hems you end up with hourglass legs!

Proper "boot cuts" make your lower legs about the same width as your upper legs and cover the upper of your boots, making your legs look like glorious endless things.

spiderlight Tue 05-Apr-16 12:24:53

They will prise my bootcuts off my cold dead legs. I look like a parsnip in skinny jeans - I bought one pair, wore them once and felt ridiculous in them all day.

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 05-Apr-16 12:27:32

Ah yes MrsJayy, Kylie sized people can look a bit lost in bootcut jeans grin

Diddlydokey Tue 05-Apr-16 12:28:23

These are basically what boot cut should be www.next.co.uk/g3162s8#103210

They're very flattering

NotNob Tue 05-Apr-16 12:29:29

I couldn't care less but I did read they're making a comeback....?

MargotLovedTom Tue 05-Apr-16 12:35:03

They look straight to me diddly.

EmpressTomatoKetchup Tue 05-Apr-16 12:35:12

not so bad according to vogue www.vogue.com/13362874/bootcut-jeans-revival-classic-denim-trends/

Have seem more flared bootcut shapes in the shops but my short legs are not convinced.

diddl Tue 05-Apr-16 12:36:43

MrsJayy

Are you me??grin

Lurkedforever1 Tue 05-Apr-16 12:39:52

Agree with quim, geniune boot cuts flatter most women. It's skinny jeans that aren't flattering to many people.

diddl Tue 05-Apr-16 12:39:53

They are flares in that Vogue link, surely?

Flares & platforms anyone?

Or am I the only one old enough?

Of course everyone was wearing the platforms so I was still the shortestgrin

Twinklestein Tue 05-Apr-16 12:40:51

I know they aren't currently considered 'on trend' but for lots and lots of women they are considerably more flattering than skinnies

On the contrary they are bang on trend. There are all kinds of flares around.

The majority of women don't really rock skinnies if we're honest.

jellybean2000 Tue 05-Apr-16 12:41:28

My legs are 7 foot long in my boot leg jeans. Fact. I can provide a photo!

MoustachedMammoth Tue 05-Apr-16 12:41:35

I only ever wear boot cut, in an attempt to hide my over-sized clown feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now