Footner sock virgin

(18 Posts)
LifeIsGoodish Tue 05-Apr-16 09:33:37

There's a pair staring at me from the bathroom cabinet.

The thought of not being in the Horned Hoof Brigade this summer....

OTOH - ewwwww!

Should I? Shouldn't I?

And when?

CremeDeSudo Tue 05-Apr-16 09:41:40

Do it! I did mine on Sunday. Excited smile

Bananajam Tue 05-Apr-16 09:41:47

Do it whenever you have a couple of weeks where you can hide your feet and let the Footner work! You are unlikely to want anyone to see your skin flaking off your feet - it's not pretty but when it's done your feet will look amazing!
I put it on just over a week ago so I'm just over halfway through, we go on holiday in 10 days so my feet should look presentable by the time we fly.

LifeIsGoodish Tue 05-Apr-16 10:41:12

When your feet start flaking, what happens in bed at night? Do you have to wear socks to keep the slough contained?

And how long do the effects last?

CremeDeSudo Tue 05-Apr-16 10:55:44

I wear socks and dust it off in the bath/outside as and when possible/needed.

I've only done it once before but I think it took 3/4 days to start working and less than a week for it to work once it started peeling. Something like that!

ScarlettDarling Tue 05-Apr-16 12:09:59

I used fake footner socks 11 days ago. The peeling started on day 4, but the main peeling days were 6-9. It's practically done now, just the odd flakey bit.

I tried to remember to wear socks, but did discover a pile of sloughed off skin on the sofa one night when I'd had my feet tucked up underneath me without socks blush

Results were really good. My feet weren't too bad before but I still got lots of satisfying peelage, and now they're lovely and soft. Will definitely repeat before I go on hol.

MrsCrankypants Tue 05-Apr-16 12:19:59

I have a pair in the bathroom cabinet but I can't work out the best time to use them. I have to wear natural coloured tights for work, would you be able to see the nastiness through these?

LBOCS2 Tue 05-Apr-16 12:38:49

It didn't work for me sad I had a brief period of excitement where it went flaky for about a day but nothing significant, and my feet are still horned and calloused. I think they must be too awful for the footner to work on!

MargotLovedTom Tue 05-Apr-16 12:46:56

I used mega cheap ones and they have worked a treat; my heels are soft and smooth. Three weeks on (!) and I'm still getting a bit of light peeling on the arches of my foot.

You'll be fine wearing natural coloured tights.

CremeDeSudo Tue 05-Apr-16 13:05:19

Where do you get the cheap knock offs from please ladies?

MargotLovedTom Tue 05-Apr-16 13:10:41

Mine were from eBay (I think I paid about 4 quid for two pairs plus p&p from China. I did worry they might make my feet drop off but they were fine), and I think some people use Amazon.

Fannyfannakerpants Tue 05-Apr-16 13:20:20

What search did you do for the cheap ones? I really want to try but can't justify the price when no one sees my feet.

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 05-Apr-16 13:28:01

I good a good result from these Amazon cheapies.

Fannyfannakerpants Tue 05-Apr-16 13:45:38

Oh. I've just done an amazon order. I'll have to wait until I need something else. Thanks.

CremeDeSudo Tue 05-Apr-16 14:16:53

Thanks! smile

ScarlettDarling Tue 05-Apr-16 15:03:23

I used the Amazon ones which Mitzy linked to above. They worked a treat.

MargotLovedTom Tue 05-Apr-16 15:56:38

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exfoliating-Feet-Foot-Mask-Foot-Care-Renew-Foot-Dead-Cracked-Skin-Corn-Remover-/331672756311?hash=item4d393ca057:g:zS0AAOSw9r1WEUIZ

These have free delivery or Click and Collect at Argos and cost 2.89.

IWannaHoldYourHand Wed 06-Apr-16 09:50:01

I did footer last Thursday for the first time. I thought it hadn't worked. My feet just felt a bit manky, which they would after a week of not moisturizing.

But then I woke up this morning and bam! Socks are definitely needed! How long till I can moisturize again? And can I trim the slough?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now