are Makeup Revolution products really that good?

(10 Posts)
SamanthaBrique Mon 04-Apr-16 22:00:59

I'm a member of Mrs Gloss on Facebook and MUR has an almost cult-like following on there. But I'd appreciate hearing from someone outside the group as to whether it's good stuff! Anyone tried it?

Lottapianos Mon 04-Apr-16 22:03:13

I have the Arch and Shape brow pencil and one of their eye shadow palettes. I love both. Such good prices and they perform well.

biscuitkumquat Mon 04-Apr-16 22:11:41

I'll second the Arch & Shape brow pencil.

I think it depends what you're looking for.

I don't know if I would use them for skin care or foundation. But I, honestly can't tell the difference for blusher, highlighter etc. The eye shadow is great too, maybe doesn't last quite as long, but not a huge difference.

I use it to "sample" products, you can spend £20 & get loads of difference stuff, and if you can't get to grips with it, you'll not feel too bad if it goes in the bin.

ThePortlyPinUp Mon 04-Apr-16 22:29:01

I love the eyeshadow palettes and highlighters. Haven't tried anything else yet.

Halfling Mon 04-Apr-16 22:36:07

Their eyeshadow palettes are as good if not better than Urban Decay. Love the latest one FFTB.

Kennington Tue 05-Apr-16 07:02:28

The eye shadow palettes are great for a neutral wash
If you use them with a primer underneath and apply them damp they should last all day

Lottapianos Tue 05-Apr-16 08:44:57

Halfling, I got that palette last week - isn't it gorgeous?! Stunning to look at. I threw out three little palettes I had already because there are so many colours in the new one. And all for £10! Love a bargain smile

DinosaurTrain3 Tue 05-Apr-16 16:13:14

I don't think people think they are the best products ever, just that they are good FOR THE MONEY which is an important thing to remember. People using GA, Shishedo, Guerlain etc are likely to be disappointed. If you are used to Maybelline and Revlon, you'll think its great

jellyjiggles Wed 06-Apr-16 07:49:26

Eyeshadow and powders are great! Lipstick is a bit naff but it's £1 shock. Just got an eyeliner but yet to try it out!

chopsychoo Wed 06-Apr-16 08:05:03

I got the eyebrow palette for my birthday before I'd heard about everyone loving the brand. I wasn't expecting great things after I'd seen the price but I love it. The eyebrow gel is really pigmented and I love the highlighter that's in there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now