I bought something from Fat Face. Is this the end?

(167 Posts)

Picked a random jumper up in John Lewis and liked it. Looked at the label - 100% cotton. Liked it even more. Looked at the price - reasonable. Liked it even more. tried it on. Liked it. Dp liked it. Then I saw the label. I bought it anyway.

Am I doomed?

Savagebeauty Mon 04-Apr-16 16:26:16

The end would be Joules and White Stuff.
Or Edinburgh Woollen Mill.

Just nearly the end then?

Flatcoatfan Mon 04-Apr-16 16:39:01

I had a fat face jumper stolen in Covent Garden this weekend so it's not just you and me. Someone else likes fat face jumpers too.

ZaZathecat Mon 04-Apr-16 16:40:19

That's nothing. I don't go in Fat Face, Joules or White Stuff 'cause I think they're too trendy for me!

Veterinari Mon 04-Apr-16 16:42:18

I love fat face jumpers, and occasionally joules and white stuff. To me they're reasonably pricy
sad

Lol. I once had two Boden skirts stolen off the washing line - stopped buying Boden after that! smile

I do think they are a bit expensive. The jumper was £35 but is 100% cotton and those are so difficult to find now that I thought I'd go for it. M&S would charge more than that for acrylic.

middlings Mon 04-Apr-16 16:45:57

I got dressed the other day and realised it was Joules, Boden and Moshulu.

I had a word with myself.

EnglishFern Mon 04-Apr-16 16:49:39

I love Joules, fat face, White Stuff, Boden and Seasalt.

I look fukkin rockin 99% of the time and I can't bear this ridiculous reverse snobbery on here about the labels.

Never heard of Moshulu. Don't like Seasalt. Do have one Joules dress, which is actually v nice.

fitzbilly Mon 04-Apr-16 16:57:50

What's wrong with fat face? Is there really reverse snobbery about places like fat face, white stuff and joules?

Where else is one meant to shop? The supermarket?

StillStayingClassySanDiego Mon 04-Apr-16 16:58:42

I love a bit of Fat Face.

jabmil Mon 04-Apr-16 17:01:25

Where should one shop when your 45?, my daughter despairs if I go into Top Shop, and next is a bit drab. I bought a top and t shirt in white stuff and having read this post have come to the conclusion its for 'older ladies ?'

EnglishFern Mon 04-Apr-16 17:01:51

Fucking Lindybop. You're meant to want to look like Dita von Teese, even when walking the dog.

scotsgirl64 Mon 04-Apr-16 17:02:12

oops I'm doomed too..I'm 50 and love fat face, White Stuff, Boden,..where else am I meant to shop (on line with discount!) when I live in the back of beyond?(N Wales)

MaisieDotes Mon 04-Apr-16 17:02:18

fitz one is meant to find perfectly adequate garments in the local charity shop.

Or eBay.

fitzbilly Mon 04-Apr-16 17:02:20

Is it because they are a bit expensive and therefore with by slightly older women who have more disposable income then the twenty something's who shop at H&M?

Is it because people covet it for years until they finally have the disposable income to afford it, and then feel strangely guilty?

EnglishFern Mon 04-Apr-16 17:03:13

Anyone who feels guilty about what they wear because mumsnet won't like it needs a serious word with themselves.

tethersend Mon 04-Apr-16 17:04:15

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

fitzbilly Mon 04-Apr-16 17:04:35

Oh right Maisy, so if I buy all my joules and white stuff from eBay second hand is that OK then?grin

PuppyMonkey Mon 04-Apr-16 17:04:37

I buy clothes I like (and can afford) from any shop I fancy - THAT'S how old I am. grin

fitzbilly Mon 04-Apr-16 17:05:25

I agree English

WoodleyPixie Mon 04-Apr-16 17:05:53

Only on mumsnet do I come across this snobbery towards Boden, joules, fat face, crew etc. If they are so awful why are they doing so well and why do so many people buy the clothes?

I buy what I like and what suits me regardless of what's on the label. However with teenage dc I do tend to avoid the likes of top shop, hollister and Superdry etc. Mind you not even sure they sell my size. I really don't want to dress like my teenage ds friends that are girls.

Thanks, Tethers. I promise to wear my new jumper with a VW skirt and cool boots. grin Actually, I think it might actually look quite nice with one of my VW skirts, if I can still get into them!

EnglishFern Mon 04-Apr-16 17:18:51

It's just kicking against the stereotype the world has of mumsnet being full of Boden clad yummy mummies. In an effort to distance themselves from the stereotype it somehow becomes VITAL to prove you are not a walking stereotype by stating that you HATE Boden.

For me, I could only have dreamed of affording Boden prices a few years ago. Happily I'm now on my feet and I revel in the fact that I can afford "labels" and to look nice. So yah boo sucks if anyone doesn't like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now