Skin care clueless

(5 Posts)
Pickering Mon 04-Apr-16 16:22:10

I would love some help to get my skincare right, please...

I've always managed with basic cleansing - bit of shower gel in the morning, super drug vit e hot cloth after make up - and basic super drug vit e moisturiser.

But I'm approaching 40 and think I may need a a rethink. My skin is generally dry and prone to redness. I've got tiny blocked pores that always crop up on one side of my nostril and sometimes chin.

I would really appreciate any recommendations or advice. Thank you.

Pickering Mon 04-Apr-16 21:46:42

Bumping for evening mumsnetters

midnightmoomoo Mon 04-Apr-16 22:30:41

I think your best bet is to read lots of skin care threads on here and start to get a feel for what you're happy to do. I think it generally falls into two camps.....either a simple routine or one with lots of products. Neither is necessarily better but it will depend on how long or how much you're prepared to spend, plus how many products your skin can tolerate.
I'd happily spend money and use lots of things but experience has taught me that my skin can't cope with much more than cleansing and moisturising with Effaclar Duo cream on my t-zone to keep the spots at bay. It's all trial and error.....I like Nivea but don't get on with Oil of Ulay (except their fragrance free Total Effects cream) whereas my SIL is the opposite!!!

paulinegrace Tue 05-Apr-16 07:43:05

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pickering Tue 05-Apr-16 07:50:09

Thanks for advice so far coco and Pauline. I'll take a look at some other threads and try to filter out what may work for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now