Ankle grazer jeans

(12 Posts)
FelixFelix Mon 04-Apr-16 12:24:08

I went to M&S this weekend looking for 5 pocket jeggings as I've heard good things about them, but couldn't find any! This was a big M&S too confused I have lost weight recently so my normal jeans are now too big (I'm now a size 14).

Anyway, I came away with some nice light wash soft high waisted jeggings. They are 'ankle grazer' length though and I'm really unsure about them. I did try on the standard length ones (I'm usually short length) and they were normal trouser length on me, but I decided to get my normal size to try the shorter length out.

I think they look ok but I don't know if other people will just think my jeans are too short! I am 25 and trying to look a bit trendier so thought the ankle grazer ones would help with this. I usually wear Dr Marten Chelsea boots (these jeggings are the perfect length to wear with my boots) or a pair of Vans.

What are everyone's opinions on this length? Will it just look weird or will I look a bit more 'hip' grin

amarmai Mon 04-Apr-16 13:09:52

ankle grazer is a great length for the spring. my dd got a pair of work pants in that length and they look fresh and young.

Floisme Mon 04-Apr-16 13:18:41

I like them too - they're perfect for the UK weather and my ankles are the best bit of my legs.

OrangeSquashTallGlass Mon 04-Apr-16 13:21:27

I didn't like them on me. I really just felt like I was wearing too short jeans. But I'm pretty tall and a bit paranoid about ankle and wrist length clothes, I'm sure they look nice on other people.

knowler Mon 04-Apr-16 15:30:12

I like them and I'd certainly stick with them if I were you. I think they give quite a fresh silhouette. Do the Chelsea boots really work though? Maybe try some other style shoes e.g. loafers to see whether you prefer the jeggings with a different shoe.

keeponkeepinon Mon 04-Apr-16 19:33:52

Ankle grazers are my favourite length for spring summer. I don't have legs I'd show but I don't mind flashing ankle! Look great with little ankle boots trainers or sandals. I'm going to go and look for some of these, m&s you say?

I like them, but as a short-arse I can't often find any that are short enough to be ankle grazing on me.

BrandNewAndImproved Mon 04-Apr-16 19:36:07

I've just bought a really nice pair of black skinnys that are ankle grazers. I have short legs so I thought they might make me look more dumpy but actually I feel great in them.

Kenworthington Mon 04-Apr-16 19:44:58

I love the look of them but I have terrible cankles so must avoid 😩

SayAGreatBigThankyou Mon 04-Apr-16 21:47:57

I've just bought some and really like them, even though I'm also usually paranoid about trousers looking too short!

FelixFelix Mon 04-Apr-16 23:36:00

Thanks everyone! Sorry totally forgot I'd posted this shock

Yes the boots don't really work now I've tried them on. They look ok I suppose but make my legs look a bit stubby so I'll avoid. I'm going to keep them so thank you for all the replies.

FelixFelix Mon 04-Apr-16 23:39:54

Keeponkeepinon Its these ones. They are quite thick for jeggings so are really flattering and also have a high waist. If I like them after a few wears I might get the darker version too http://www.marksandspencer.com/naturally-soft-denim-jeggings/p/p22465451?prevPage=plp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now