arrrggghhh! I'm sick of reading reviews! which hairdryer? Parlux, GHD Air, ETI or diva?

(34 Posts)
missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 10:21:50

Please help, been reading nothing but hairdryer reviews all weekend and I'm not the clearer. I'm gonna go with the majority. Please help grin

Belvedere Mon 04-Apr-16 10:27:39

I did the same a few months ago and went a bit hairdryer mad. In the end I went for a parlux and am really happy with it.

MuchasSmoochas Mon 04-Apr-16 10:28:53

I adore my GHD Air. It has made a real difference to the frizz and adds shine. I just curl the ends now and leave the rest. But I haven't tried the others. Good luck. Yes the reviews are a tunnel of madness!

Snog Mon 04-Apr-16 10:29:06

Parlux all the way
Cuts down drying time dramatically

MardAsSnails Mon 04-Apr-16 10:30:24

I hope parlux will come out best on this, just ordered mine after years of procrastination and putting up with a hairdryer that came free with my fridge don't ask, I don't understand that offer myself

missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 10:32:08

Lol mard! Did you et the Parlux?

Ponymagic Mon 04-Apr-16 10:49:01

Parlux! Got the 385 PoweLite recently and it's fab!

WhenASuitcaseJustWontDo Mon 04-Apr-16 11:18:42

I've only tried the Parlux from that selection and it's amazing! My very thick hair dries in half the time now.

missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 12:11:51

Is there anywhere in the high street that sell Parlux?

YourBubzYourRulzHun Mon 04-Apr-16 12:17:49

I have the GHD Air and I love it. The only negative I have is that I find it quite heavy compared to my old hairdryer but then it dries my hair in half the time so I don't have to hold it for long. It's like those Dyson hand dryers you get in public toilets. It blasts your hair dry.

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 04-Apr-16 12:33:37

I got the Parlux as a Xmas present last year and if you'd have asked me a couple of weeks a go, I would have said it was overhyped. However, I temporarily had to use my old , Nicky Clarke one and I could really tell a difference. I think maybe if you have really problematic, frizzy, dry hair, you'll be disappointed if you think it's going to be a miracle worker, but it's really really good. Cuts down drying time by a third , I'd say and definitely reduces frizz.

nearlyovertherainbow Mon 04-Apr-16 12:35:57

I'm saying the Parlux is really good, not the Nicky Clarke one. Not sure that read very well confused

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 04-Apr-16 12:47:02

I love my ETI smile

missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 13:10:40

Which Parlux nearly? X

YellowTulips Mon 04-Apr-16 13:41:57

I've had my Parlux for 2 1/2 years now and it's still functioning brilliantly.

I used to go through hair dryers every 12 months or so, as such I've actually saved money buy not buying cheaper brands.

I went for the compact version which is great. I think the professional one would just be too heavy to use on yourself. However I think there's a new "light" version (not available when I bought mine) that I'd probably replace it with if it ever breaks - of which its showing no signs of whatsoever.

YellowTulips Mon 04-Apr-16 13:48:19

Sorry should have said - I have think wavy hair and compared to other hair dryers it its substantially faster to dry my hair and it's much more effective (as long as I use the nozzle) at straightening it - to the extent I rarely use my straighteners now - the other upside being my hair is in much better condition as I'm not frying it with GHD's on an every other day basis.

missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 14:38:37

Just bought the Parlux! £90 for a bloody hairdryer, hope I don't regret it

Aquamarine70 Mon 04-Apr-16 15:10:21

I bought the GHD & hated it. It was so hot that it burnt by scalp on the high setting & the low setting was too cool. My hair felt like straw after using it twice. I managed to get a refund.

missapples Mon 04-Apr-16 15:25:18

Aw thanks Aqua, makes me feel abit better. Sorry about your experience though X

gonegrey56 Mon 04-Apr-16 15:40:51

I love my Parlux 385 power light . Fantastic dryer !

StiickEmUp Mon 04-Apr-16 15:42:13

Parluxwinkthanks

KoalaDownUnder Mon 04-Apr-16 15:51:03

I also love my Parlux. star

MadameDePompom Mon 04-Apr-16 15:56:25

Diva. As good as a Parlux but cheaper.

RaisingSteam Mon 04-Apr-16 17:15:50

I love my eti but I think the main thing is its a salon dryer not a "home" one. I reckon all domestic dryers must be power restricted. I do have thick hair that needs a lot of drying. I don't know that it's better than a parlux but it was definitely cheaper.

JDSTER Wed 06-Apr-16 21:50:48

I've had my parlux longer than my eldest child who is 8! It's still going strong. You won't regret it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now