New Look plus size relaunch

(8 Posts)
Fallulah Sun 03-Apr-16 16:15:35

Saw on Twitter that New Look Inspire is becoming Curves. Hoping for better than the synthetic, sleeveless or 'cute' slogan Ts, I headed to the website but it all looks the same plus a few pinafore dresses? As the website still says Inspire in the navigation, I wonder if it has actually launched yet. Anyone know?

Termagant Sun 03-Apr-16 20:11:38

I think it has only just launched so it's probably between branding. The nav is still to inspire you're right but there is a curve strap at the top.

I've had a look and most of the stuff is what I would expect from new look. Very low price point and relatively young demo. I like that there's plus size lingerie though, it's a pain when you can find a bra to fit but the matching pants only go up to a 20!

They've obviously given some of the plus bloggers pieces so I reckon we'll see more of it over the next few weeks.

I only recently found the Dorothy Perkins plus range, ordered a huge amount and it was a successful haul! The high street is definitely improving for those of us at the upper end of the size scale, just a shame most of it is online only!

Fallulah Mon 04-Apr-16 09:26:52

Thanks yes I saw the DP stuff too but the curse of the 'lovely dress but much too short for work' that they have in their main range is still there! I got some nice jeans and tops though.

Keletubbie Mon 04-Apr-16 10:03:49

Too many crackly fabrics in NL. I'm on the cusp - I wear an 18 or a 20 - and there is genuinely some decent stuff in their main range.

However, River Island's plus offerings are lovely.

OhHolyFuck Mon 04-Apr-16 10:10:43

I didn't realise river Island did a plus size, thanks for that

Keletubbie Mon 04-Apr-16 10:11:36

The denim pencil skirt works wonders!

Fallulah Mon 04-Apr-16 16:30:18

I didn't know about RI either, thank you. I also like H&M but the sizing is so random you can't really buy online and have to wait til you can get to a store.

Termagant Mon 04-Apr-16 18:46:31

Have you checked Debenhams and house of Fraser? Much expanded ranges online for them too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now