Looking for a zip out cosmetic bag / organiser

(18 Posts)
InAWashingMachineMinute Sun 03-Apr-16 13:00:51

I travel a lot and am getting sick of rummaging around in my cosmetic bag to find things. I'd really like a small cosmetic bag that zipped open flat (hope that makes sense). Ideally one side with a zipped compartment and the other side for brushes, eye pencils etc.

Like this kind of thing...

http://www.mochithings.com/products/17692]

But I don't like the design of this. Has anyone seen anything similar? Thanks!

InAWashingMachineMinute Sun 03-Apr-16 13:01:38

I'll try the link again..
http://www.mochithings.com/products/17692

CaptainCorellisBanjo Sun 03-Apr-16 14:04:57

I can't open that link but you could try Muji. They do black mesh make up bags and organisers - sheer enough so you can see what is in there but more stylish than plastic.

InAWashingMachineMinute Mon 04-Apr-16 07:46:25

Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't thought of Muji. I found this..
http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?Sec=17&Sub=69&PID=7171

I'd love something like this, but a bit nicer looking! Has anyone seen anything like it?

PlaymobilPirate Mon 04-Apr-16 07:56:13

www.google.co.uk/search?q=makeup+organizer+bag&client=ms-android-samsung&biw=360&bih=559&prmd=sivn&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJqv7esvTLAhVIuxQKHTcRCX0Q1TUIMQ

InAWashingMachineMinute Mon 04-Apr-16 08:16:31

Thanks a lot Playmobil, but they're all too big. I want something small - just enough for a couple of eye pencils, mascara etc.

I'll keep looking!

botemp Mon 04-Apr-16 08:27:37

I can't find good pictures of it online (with the inside showing) but try Bobbi Brown they do something similar to the Muji one that has a bit more shape to it. Laura Mercier do them too but I don't know if they sell them without contents.

SesameSparkle Mon 04-Apr-16 08:30:51

Have you tried John Lewis? Can't see photos of the inside of these bags which is not helpful, but I can see the zip around style there. I've also seen cases like this on the beauty counters like bobbi brown and Laura mercier before.

bluejasmin Mon 04-Apr-16 08:33:47

I use a pencil case , you can get really nice ones now with compartments or try KIKO for cosmetics bags that are smaller .

bluejasmin Mon 04-Apr-16 08:37:17

http://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/accessories/makeup-cases.html

You have to get the brushes with it though , Morphe are good to try ( but again might need to get the brushes )

InAWashingMachineMinute Mon 04-Apr-16 08:52:02

Thanks everyone! Off to check these ones out.

I'm amazed at how much time I've managed to spend looking at this already today. Don't think it's going to be a very productive day!

justaweeone Mon 04-Apr-16 09:07:47

Expensive
www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty//Black-Petite-Make-Up-Planner/88520?gclid=CNjsvvbB9MsCFQ4TGwodn34Ipw

justaweeone Mon 04-Apr-16 09:19:22

A lot cheaper but from China
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Women-Travel-Organizer-Accessory-Toiletry-Makeup-Cosmetic-Storage-Bag-Pouch-/151949763409

justaweeone Mon 04-Apr-16 09:29:55

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10inch-Multifunction-Fabrics-Makeup-Bag-Brush-Folio-Case-Cosmetic

leccybill Mon 04-Apr-16 09:35:01

I've got an eBay one from China and it's great - works perfectly and has been carted around the world with me. Not bad for £2!!

justaweeone Mon 04-Apr-16 09:51:21

www.boots.com/en/NYX-Makeup-bags-Black-large-double-zipper_1779871/

TheCraicDealer Mon 04-Apr-16 09:55:26

I got this from Boots the other week- like you I wanted to be able to see at a glance where I'd stashed stuff rather than rummaging. For a fiver it's really good, sheer pockets inside and all.

I'd had my eye on this from Collier Campbell but in the end went for the cheaper option when I saw it in Boots in town! It's jazzier and has the clear plastic pockets which I admit would be handier.

InAWashingMachineMinute Mon 04-Apr-16 10:47:20

Thanks again everyone. Some good ones!

The pencil case route seems promising. Think I might need a trip to the shops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now