I really want a bob but I'm scared of how it might look from the back..

(5 Posts)
blowthosecurtainswide Sat 02-Apr-16 22:29:09

I've booked a hair appt for tomorrow, I really want a chin-length bob and think it will suit my face.

BUT, I HATE that mushroom look you sometimes get with a bob - I have really thick hair and as my hair is dark there's quite a lot of it going down, er, my neck...

Can I have a chin length bob without going down graduated, mushroom back, hairy necked territory?

burnishedsilver Sat 02-Apr-16 22:58:52

Search Google images for bob hair back view.

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 23:09:29

You could do that, yes. It won't tell you anything about the height of your own rear hairline though! Putting your hair up and taking a photo in goo light would help more.

If you do have a low hairline then the logical thing to do would be to have that dictate the length of your bob, IYSWIM. with your hair being thick you'll probably need a good lot of layers to avoid the dreaded triangle hair or the mushroom look.

But, IME, bobs are a hell of a lot of hard work and best avoided. They need really regular cuts to look good and daily styling too, which, to my mind is more faff than it's worth. The cuts were rarely just right and an off bob cut is often frumsville, which was an added PITA. My hair is very straight and utterly unforgiving though.

MrsLettuce Sat 02-Apr-16 23:10:19

good light might work better than good hmm But, yes.Take a photo.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 03-Apr-16 00:27:21

My DD had her bra length hair cut in a long bob recently ( all one length no fringe or layers)

I did tell her that her hair will spring up a bit , there won't be the weight so it'll be wavier. It's lovely, I was dreading the Dawn O'Porter look but DD has enough length to make it work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now