Lost the plot with my style at 33 with three kids...help!

(3 Posts)
Sheepsayoink Fri 01-Apr-16 17:03:31

I really don't know what to wear any more! I've had three babies in the last 5 years, the last one 5months ago, and aside from skinny jeans and oversized jumper for the school run I'm kind of stuck! Smart casual nights out in particular. I can do formal wear quite well - ie cocktail dresses, weddings etc - pencil dresses seem to be OK.

I'm 33 and feel I make frumpy clothes choices! I love a polo neck but my OH says they make me look even shorter...

Can anyone help? I'm 5'1", size 12 (should be an 8-10, grr!) And rectangular shaped - in that i have slim hips but a bigger waist. I like to wear skirts with thick black tights on a casual basis but can't find any so am still wearing a Jojo maternity a line one with a check through it... Any ideas? I need to move on!!!

SfaOkaySuperFurryAnimals Mon 04-Apr-16 07:30:58

Hi, best advice I got after having twins was a decent light jacket and sandals for summer, a decent coat and boots for winter. Get decent skinnies that fit you well, then you could wear the dress/tops with flats or with a bit of a heel if you want the height to spread you out more IYSWIM....i buy 90% of my wardrobe from the £1.99 barnardo charity shop, including work wear (nursery teacher). I get told I look nice a lot, I do not consider myself a stunnergrin I have just reached a point at 39 where I know what works. Any kind of exercise makes me feel more confident in my style of clothes. I go more preppy than sexy style wise. I aim for clean & classy, if it's not successful I am lucky because nobody has pointed it out yetgrin...

amarmai Mon 04-Apr-16 13:16:01

great price point. I want to go there. Op i love H&M for pick me ups.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now