Any bra experts around? Need a strapless bra and struggling

(10 Posts)
Fuzzypeggy Fri 01-Apr-16 16:59:47

After being intervened on here, I am a 32ee in a cleo juna which has become the only style of bra that I wear. I really need a strapless one now but can't find anything that has the same balconette and uplifting effect of the juna. I tried one n john Lewis which looked promising but it did what all strapless bras do to me - flattened and squashed my bust down and to the sides with no uplift. I am starting to think that I need to cut the straps off a juna, would that work??

mrsvilliers Fri 01-Apr-16 19:44:14

F as have absolutely no idea but similar size (32FF) and in need of a strapless for June. Had considered cutting straps off my faithful panache tango! But it didn't seem like it would still have the necessary lift.

achillesratty Fri 01-Apr-16 19:58:27

The Wonderbra Ultimate strapless is brilliant. It doesn't flatten your bust and gives lots of uplift. I am a H cup but wear the G in this bra and it doesn't move, slip or squash and if it can keep my enormous chest up and looking perky it must be good. My daughter wears a 32DD/E and she has one and loves it too, they are the best strapless bra ever !

The Wonderbra is great - try sizes around your usual though as it can be a bit funky size wise. The Freya deco strapless and the Curvy Kate Luxe are also ok - wonderbra better though IME

QforCucumber Fri 01-Apr-16 21:46:21

I'm 32f and another vote for the wonder bra , it's fantastic

Youfromthefuture Fri 01-Apr-16 21:53:01

I just got the Wonderbra Ultimate in 36ff and it is amazing :-)

Fuzzypeggy Fri 01-Apr-16 22:04:29

Thanks all, I'll try and find the wonder bra then, sounds good

mrsvilliers Sat 02-Apr-16 07:44:22

Would love to hear how you get on OP, had a Google of that bra - no way in the world would I ever think that works but reviews all very positive!

MeadowHay Sat 02-Apr-16 23:35:15

I also have the Wonderbra Ultimate Strapless and think it's great! I am a 30DD and found it true to size, it's just got a very specific type of fit that takes a while to get used to. Comfy, fits lovely, gives a great silhouette. Wore it under my wedding dress, and I only wear it for special occasions as I own very little clothing I need a strapless bra for! Definitely recommend.

Fuzzypeggy Fri 22-Apr-16 17:55:50

Update! The wonderbra ultimate strapless saved the day! It's by far the best strapless bra I've had, stays in place and doesn't flatten my chest. I had to size up in the cup though, normally take a Dd and had to go to an e. Thanks for the help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now