Jeggings or skinny jeans?

(13 Posts)
LucyLocketLostHerPocket Fri 01-Apr-16 09:55:36

Are New Look or Dorothy Perkins jeggings a good alternative to skinny jeans? I love the look worn with a long vest layered but don't like the fact that all skinny jeans seem to fall down so I have to wear a belt. Somehow the jeggings are stretchier and a but more comfy but I want to look a bit stylish too and it like I've dressed lazily. I'm late forties and size 10 so fairly slim if that makes s difference.

NicknameUsed Fri 01-Apr-16 09:59:41

White Stuff Jade jeggings look like skinny jeans and are really comfortable. They are dearer than New Look and D Perkins, but this is reflected in the much better quality.

msrisotto Fri 01-Apr-16 10:00:25

I get fed up with skinny jeans because they just go baggy so yeah, jeggings.

CaptainWarbeck Fri 01-Apr-16 10:10:00

I would've said jeggings go baggy at the knees rather than a good pair of skinny jeans.

Hayels Fri 01-Apr-16 10:32:42

I'm a fairly 'dressy' dresser but live in my DP jeggings- wear them at weekends with boots or out with heels and everyone's always shocked when they find out they're not 'real jeans'

Hayels Fri 01-Apr-16 10:34:16

Also you don't get that under t-shirt bulky bit you get with jeans, especially if you need a belt and want to wear long fitted tops

candykane25 Fri 01-Apr-16 11:49:41

Turn your belt buckle to the side so it doesn't sit in the middle - looks sleeker.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Fri 01-Apr-16 17:45:57

Oh brilliant everyone I'm so glad you all agree with me. I'll check out white stuff ones too as we have a new shop in town.

Captain - my next skinnies go as baggy as anything but my new look jeggings hold their shape much better.

I loath leggings worn as trousers but jeggings just seem to offer the best of both worlds.

Laidupwithabrokenleg Fri 01-Apr-16 19:30:23

Marks and Spencer Per Una jeggings are good. They don't look like Per Una btw. M&S skinny jeans are usually ok too.

IDoAllMyOwnStunts Fri 01-Apr-16 19:39:19

Asda Wonderfit skinny jeans are super clingy stretchy non-bagging things. Best I've tried so far. 20 quid I think and they come on different colours.

YourBubzYourRulzHun Sat 02-Apr-16 08:38:37

I have the DP Eden ones and they are fab. High waisted so no muffin top and don't go baggy.

FannyGlum Sat 02-Apr-16 08:43:22

I've got the DP ones, they are very comfy.

WalkingBread Sat 02-Apr-16 09:05:03

Try MAC Dream skinny

So soft and comfortable and don't go baggy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now