Any other long haired ladies hate their layers?

(9 Posts)
benetint Wed 30-Mar-16 19:41:27

They look beautiful when styled in the house but as soon as the moist air hits them they kink out and get fluffy. My hairdresser is very reluctant to get rid of them, saying hair without layers just 'hangs'. So I was wondering has anyone gone one length all over and regretted it/loved it? Many thanks in advance

CoteDAzur Wed 30-Mar-16 19:43:01

Is your hair naturally curly/wavy? It might be an idea to stop straightening & embrace your curls.

benetint Wed 30-Mar-16 19:45:45

Yes it is actually. I love love curls when they're 'done' for me but I can't seem to recreate the look! How do you embrace yours Cote?

CoteDAzur Wed 30-Mar-16 19:53:20

We recently had a curly thread on here. Let me dig it up for you.

CoteDAzur Wed 30-Mar-16 19:55:04

Here you go smile

CMOTDibbler Wed 30-Mar-16 20:00:20

I only have it layered round my face, and thats long layers. The rest is one length as otherwise I get huge hair. Left totally alone I have curly hair, but as soon as its touched the curls go (no matter what) , and it won't take a curl either

iMatter Wed 30-Mar-16 20:16:25

I got rid of my layers. Best hair related thing I ever did.

I can <swish> properly and my hair sits really well.

Much easier to grow too - no tatty layers needing cut every 5 minutes.

cuntycowfacemonkey Wed 30-Mar-16 20:28:01

I would try a different hairdresser tbh. I have changed hairdressers after 6 years because of a battle over layers! I just have some at the front to shape my face now and the rest is one length and I'm really happy with it. I don't know why so many hairdressers are obsessed with layer overkill

MsBojangles Wed 30-Mar-16 21:05:51

Agree, change hairdressers. My current one is very layers adverse, apart from a few around the face, reckon she's on to something because my hair looks so much thicker and healthier without them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now