shoes for teaching

(18 Posts)
Bonnie152 Mon 28-Mar-16 14:43:51

I'm returning to teaching soon after a 2 year break and starting to piece together some kind of teaching wardrobe. I'm early years so lots of being on my feet, on the floor with the children etc. So far I'm doing ok for clothes but am wondering what shoes everyone wears if you work a job that involves being on your feet a lot. I usually wear dresses with tights/leggings or blouses/t-shirt tops with slim fit trousers. I want some that look nice (not auntie fanny-ish!), will go with most outfits and are comfortable.

What do you teachers (or active job workers) wear on your feet?

Greengardenpixie Mon 28-Mar-16 14:52:04

Boots atm. MIne are Dr martens mid calf. With dresses it has to be clarks hamble oaks. They do a variety of colours. I have them in oxblood. Am tempted frequently by the black patent ones though. I tend to wear skirts/dresses that are knee or just above. If I wear trousers I will wear my dr martens shoes - either Mary janes or a black pair of dr martens that lace up that I have had for years.

Greengardenpixie Mon 28-Mar-16 14:53:46

I also have something similar to these in black and brown:

wedge

suze28 Mon 28-Mar-16 15:20:11

I'm in KS2 so don't spend time on the floor but do wear Clarks black patent ballet pumps as they seem to go with everything and they're comfy.

kimlo Mon 28-Mar-16 15:24:39

Im an eyp in a babyroom so always on my feet or on the floor. I wear older girls clarks school shoes, theyre comfortable and they last a while. Not startrite though, my last pair were startrite and they hurt my feet and then fell apart.

Bonnie152 Mon 28-Mar-16 16:13:43

Some brilliant suggestions thank you! Will give the Clarks website a good look through.

rollonthesummer Mon 28-Mar-16 16:22:55

DM calf length zip boots or Fly London Mol or Mes in the winter and Birkenstocks in the summer! With black skinny trousers and tops, cardigan and scarf if cold. Lots of Fat Face and White Stuff dresses and skirts.

MrsBenWyatt Mon 28-Mar-16 16:38:20

Clarks Hamble Oak brogues in various colours!

JeanPadget Mon 28-Mar-16 17:00:39

Fly London. I bought a pair of black knee-length boots which cost quite a bit, but I've had them for two winters now. Their shoes and sandals are v. comfy, too, and I think not frumpy.

Tiggywinkler Mon 28-Mar-16 17:08:24

I read the OP and came on to write Clarks Hamble Oaks too.

They must be an unofficial uniform! smile

TheFallenMadonna Mon 28-Mar-16 17:09:50

These and these

I don't like flat shoes for standing around (secondary, so lots of standing and circulating, rather than actual activity...)

Greengardenpixie Mon 28-Mar-16 17:14:48

I love the shoes in the second link but beware if you have wide feet. They are ridiculously narrow. I couldn't get them on my foot.

Greengardenpixie Mon 28-Mar-16 17:15:37

I am referring to the chinaberry. Bought them in black patent and had to return.

PossumCreek Mon 28-Mar-16 20:15:32

OP - Maybe you know, but there is a Clarks Outlet site as well as the main Clarks site.

Clarks Outlet

Clarks

Bonnie152 Mon 28-Mar-16 22:53:50

Possum - no I didn't know so thank you! Going to scour for some bargains.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The hambles seem a firm favourite so think I'll pop into Clarks tomorrow to have a look at some in the flesh.

womdering Tue 29-Mar-16 06:24:03

Have a look in Hotter. I also like Gabor. I go for comfort and quality when teaching. Hotter are fab as if you find that they're not comfy, you can return them even after having worn them!

QueenofLouisiana Tue 29-Mar-16 08:25:27

I wear Hobbs chelsea boots, fitflops ballet pumps and Superga pumps when doing outdoors stuff. I have a pair of nude heals in my cupboard for emergency smartness (along with lipgloss and a hairbrush).

QueenofLouisiana Tue 29-Mar-16 08:26:20

Oh, I have the Clarks brogues too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now