Comfortable but stylish shoes for walking all day

(15 Posts)
secondhoneymoon Sun 27-Mar-16 09:51:50

Hi, going on a city break soon, will be doing lots of walking so need comfortable shoes that look good too.i could wear trainers but would like to be a bit smarter. Anyone want to help me look? Especially if you have shoes That fit the bill and can still get. Will probably be taking jeans and cropped trousers. I'll take heels for the evening but don't want to take lots of pairs of shoes. Thanks

Laidupwithabrokenleg Sun 27-Mar-16 11:35:14

I've just bought these and they are so comfortable. They're a bit nicer than ordinary trainers www.uggaustralia.co.uk/avelyn-metallic-basket/1011889.html?dwvar_1011889_color=BLK#start=1&cgid=women-treadlite-shoes

This site was mentioned on here a couple of weeks ago www.itsgotsoul.co.uk/ Apparently Clare Balding was wearing a pair of their shoes at Crufts! I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Eleanor or the brogues once I go back to work.

I have also got these www.clarks.co.uk/p/26113579 and they are comfortable, but as much as a trainer. Also got the patent leather style, but they take a while to wear in.

I finally listened to Mumsnet last summer and bought black Nike trainers for a city break. My feet thanked me every minute we were there.

TitusAndromedon Sun 27-Mar-16 11:47:00

I love Minnetonka moccasins. I find them incredibly comfortable. They've seen me through long days in London, Rome, Barcelona and more. I think they look great with almost everything. Looking forward to better weather so I can break them out again.

HarlettOScara Sun 27-Mar-16 11:52:44

Interested in this as I'm also going on a city break next week and will be doing lots of walking. I usual rely on my DM biker boots but looking for something lighter this time.

I love those UGG trainers but the price is giving my bank card palpitations.

Equiem89 Sun 27-Mar-16 11:56:45

Sketchers go walks are brilliant. I have flat feet and get really bad feet, leg and lower back ache if I spend a lot of time walking and standing around but I don't when I wear the sketchers

PollyPerky Sun 27-Mar-16 12:03:05

Geox have some lovely looking trainer types but they are around the £100 mark.

duckfilledfattypuss Sun 27-Mar-16 18:45:30

Camper shoes are very comfy and some are smartish. I've got the peu circuit ones which DH hates

secondhoneymoon Tue 29-Mar-16 12:40:51

Thanks all, definitely wouldn't be spending around the £100 mark :-) Might just make do with my trusty trainers and if the weather allows very comfy pair of Geox sandals which I bought in TK Maxx last year for £25!

bakewelltarte Tue 29-Mar-16 17:37:13

I second the sketchers go walk http://www.very.co.uk/skechers-skechers-go-walk-3-shoe/1459311575.prd
These look great with skinny jeans or leggings and a casual top and they are the most comfy shoes I have ever worn!

Tatie3 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:42:07

I'd recommend Sketchers Go Walk too, I'm 35 weeks pregnant and they're the only shoes I find comfy at the moment.

JohnCheese Tue 29-Mar-16 17:48:56

Go with the trainers. Seriously. Just go with the trainers. Spend the money you've saved (by not buying new shoes) on something from the city you're visiting. Or fancy food. Or wine! grin

Listen to John. John is correct. grin

I tried some Go Walks on last year, after a zillion people on here telling me how great they are. I hated them. I found them really wide, and v heavy. And they are so, so ugly. My Nike trainers look positively sleek and elegant in comparison.

JohnCheese Tue 29-Mar-16 18:01:59

And yes to Remus! I hate those Go Walk Sketchers.

loosechange Tue 29-Mar-16 18:09:46

I have these Sketches. Not Go Walk but they are very comfy.

www.skechers.co.uk/style/22482/relaxed-fit-breathe-easy-pretty-factor/bbk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now