retinol and going into the sun

(4 Posts)
SkinnyChips Thu 24-Mar-16 20:43:34

I have been using medik8 Retinol 6TR every evening for a few weeks and so far am very happy with the improvements to my skin.

I know I should avoid the sun to reduce damage, aging etc however we are off to Tenerife this weekend and it will hopefully be warm and sunny there. I intend to wear factor 50 on my face but does anyone know if I should stop using the retinol in the evening?

TIA.. sad

SkinnyChips Thu 24-Mar-16 20:44:25

Sorry didn't mean to post the sad face, I was looking for an Easter egg!

IamCarcass Thu 24-Mar-16 20:51:50

I burnt in the winter sun with that stuff, in summer - either avoided going out during midday or completely covered up. Also took a while after stopping it to lose sensitivity, not sure an evening off will be enough time? (Hopefully someone more educated about it can advise..)
Be careful!

suzib Fri 25-Mar-16 00:22:47

You can still use retinol in the evening. It's a myth that it causes sensitivity to the sun. The reason you wouldn't use it in the sun is because the sun causes retinol to break down, therefore making it ineffective. Of course use your SPF's in daylight, as you would anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now