Day Spa Recommendations

(17 Posts)
onemouseplace Mon 21-Mar-16 14:17:35

Either in London or easy reach of South East London.

I'm having a look now and going round in circles. I'd ideally like somewhere with a pool, sauna, steam etc and some treatments with a nice lunch or afternoon tea but that isn't heinously expensive.

So that discounts your Champneys/ Grayshott/ Pennyhill Park places as they are a bit too pricey. I liked the look of both Sopwell House and Nutfield Priory (both have packages for around £70 a head including some food) but they both have some pretty poor reviews recently.

I've also looked at the SpaLondon places but am put off by them being run by Better - can anyone actually recommend one (again, varying reviews).

dreamerlemur Mon 21-Mar-16 20:08:38

Maybe have a look through Groupon vouchers online?

fiorentina Mon 21-Mar-16 20:20:34

Nirvana Spa near Reading is very nice.

CrazyDuchess Mon 21-Mar-16 20:21:44

Nirvana - to.die.for! Expensive but fantastic

LoveAGoodToddlerTantrum Mon 21-Mar-16 20:33:40

Sopwell is lovely

Wolfiefan Mon 21-Mar-16 20:34:45

Nirvana is lovely.

longlivetheking Mon 21-Mar-16 20:35:01

The Lifehouse is about an hour and a half away from Liverpool St and is beautiful

confusedalways Mon 21-Mar-16 20:38:22

K west hotel and spa in shepherds bush is good I think. Is right near to Westfield. My friend and I book a double treatment day for around £65 It includes a lunch which isn't amazing but the spa itself and treatments are great.

Fugghetaboutit Mon 21-Mar-16 20:44:33

Oriental Mandarin in Hyde Park is AMAZING. I was just saying to dh this morning I want to go after our wedding again as it was so lovely. It's v pricey though because it's so good.

onemouseplace Mon 21-Mar-16 21:05:42

Thank you - I shall look through these! Glad to hear Sopwell is nice - I thought it looked nice, but some of the reviews put me off.

MrsGannicus Mon 21-Mar-16 21:10:06

Pennyhill Park is amazing!

tigerdog Mon 21-Mar-16 21:10:11

I was pleasantly surprised by Sopwell - I wasn't sure it would be good. My only complaint was that it was very busy. It is reasonably priced compared to other places, so you can't it expect to compete with the really expensive ones, but on the whole very nice.

MrsGannicus Mon 21-Mar-16 21:10:45

Argh, should have read your post properly!

onemouseplace Mon 21-Mar-16 21:14:51

MrsGannicus - I know! Would love to go there - just not in the budget at the moment.

confusedalways - Thank you! K West looks just the ticket and is also dead easy for us to get to.

ToomuchChocolatemeansBootcamp Mon 21-Mar-16 21:17:07

Nirvana Spa is gorgeous.

2legit2knit Mon 21-Mar-16 21:20:09

Sopwell house is nice, great food and a decent (if a bit small) spa, lovely setting. Yspa at Wyboston Lakes is really lovely, but maybe a bit far.

confusedalways Mon 21-Mar-16 21:24:07

I've booked to go again for my birthday in a few weeks and can't wait already!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now