'going out' high heels, what's the deal?

(6 Posts)
IWantToLiveInPawnee Sun 20-Mar-16 22:24:43

I've been looking for a new pair of evening heels. Have been wearing almond/round toe, platform, very high heeled courts for a few years and am wondering what's the latest trend?

I've noticed a lot of lower heels and a pointed toe (I wore this style from 96-2011!)

Advise me, oh wise S&B Topiccers.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Mon 21-Mar-16 07:32:58

Bumping for the morning

HolgerDanske Mon 21-Mar-16 09:31:11

Whatever you have seen lots of is what the current trends are. Then it is up to you to translate that into what actually suits you and what you feel good in.

For the most part I prefer higher heels, still - I am at an age where the low heel will make me look frumpy unless the rest of my outfit is very sharp and edgy. I like it to be pointier and sharper looking than I would have done a few years ago.

HolgerDanske Mon 21-Mar-16 09:35:14

I also generally stick to a block heel rather than stilettos if I'm trying to look trendy.

IWantToLiveInPawnee Mon 21-Mar-16 14:23:43

Ah, yes, forgot about the block heel. I dunno, I feel feminine in stilettos, platforms more comfy and a rounder toe.

Just don't want to be 'so last season' (the fact that I don't know what is 'this season' shows that I am just that.....)

Scattymum101 Mon 21-Mar-16 14:53:43

I can't wear pointed toes as I have really wide feet so I need to just stick to what I can actually wear which is peep toe courts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now