Hush Emma Sandals

(5 Posts)
balkanscot Sun 20-Mar-16 14:32:02

Am seriously tempted by these, even though I live in, erm, Scotland, so will only get about 2 1/2 minutes of wear per year. Apart from the cost, what makes me hesitate is a whiff of Birkenstocks about them - I always think any Birkenstocks look granny-hippy-ish & remind me of socks & sandals horrors (I see Birkenstocks, all I can think of is pasty feet with unkempt toenails in socks!).

Probably will style them with capris, skinny jeans & navy maxi dress (if I ever get them - right now I am clicking on the link only about 3905 times a day and stare).

These

DianaT1969 Sun 20-Mar-16 15:24:13

Sorry, they do look a bit 'Scholl for older women' to me. Maybe you can carry them off - I wouldn't be able to - being a bit short and dumpy. I'm sure you'll have more choice of really nice sliders from Cos and Zara if you can wait a month.

HappyGirlNow Sun 20-Mar-16 16:27:45

Rather Birkenstocks than them.. Those look child-like or frumpy, I swing between the two..

OnlyLovers Sun 20-Mar-16 18:08:06

Well, they do look like Birkenstocks so it depends whether or not you're happy with that.

I quite like them, personally, but then again I like Birkenstocks so we may have different taste!

Also, I'd say they'd look good with capris and maxidresses but not with skinny jeans – I don't wear my Birks with my skinny jeans.

balkanscot Sun 20-Mar-16 19:35:17

Thank you all. I just needed a good sobering up - no, I do not like School nor Birkenstocks, just thought that because these are Kanna and sold via Hush, they may magically be less frumpy to those. Somehow. hmm

I should really just buy a new pair of canvas navy Supergas (just threw my last pair as they have lasted me 19 years, 19!!!) and be done with this.

OnlyLovers, yes, now that I think about it again, re: skinnies & these sandals. Supergas, on the other hand…

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now