Under eye dark circles

(4 Posts)
Cake0rdeath Fri 18-Mar-16 13:41:21

I'm at the end of my tether.

I have horrific dark eye circles. I'm very pale and, as such, look like I have black eyes if I don't cake myself in make-up (which doesn't cover the worst of it anyway).

Towards the inner part of the eye, they're purple/blue but become yellow/brown as the circle the remainder of the eye. They're large (about an inch) in depth/width.

I have tried everything: my house basically resembles a counter at boots. High end, mid-priced, cheap products-nothing works. The only thing that makes a tiny bit of difference is bobby brown corrector in light bisque (I am super pale!). The issue is that this doesn't last a great length of time and folds itself horribly into the lines, meaning I both have dark circles And orange lines surrounding my eyes. I wear glasses so the whole effect is gloriously magnified!

Does anyone have a solution? I get enough sleep (other as much as I can with a toddler) , drink plenty of water etc. I have hypothyroidism which got worse during And after pregnancy but medication is apparently the right dosage. These have been present since my early 20s but have gotten markedly worse over the last 2-3 years.

I cant keep spending money on the hope that something will work but I also can't continue to co-exist with them. My mum saw me without make-up for the first time and she was horrified at how bad they are. She offered to take DS for the day because I'd clearly been up all night -id had a good 8 hours sleep.

I'm looking for "cure" as opposed to cover up. Has anyone tried anything that has worked? There's apparently a tear-trough treatment which can sometimes diminish the dark circles but I'd rather a more natural solution.

Help me!!!!!

Gwenhwyfar Fri 18-Mar-16 21:42:17

Sorry, can't help. I've got permanent shadows and nothing helps. Will be very interested to see if anyone has suggestions.

becksblue Sun 20-Mar-16 14:15:13

Maybe repost in chat to get more replies? I know it's a beauty question but runs a bit deeper I think as it sounds like it's getting you down

I don't have a cure but if I don't wear concealer under my eyes I often get told I look tired. On the flipside I can be exhausted and with my concealer I get told I look like I've had a full nights sleep!

I use mac pro long wear concealer in nw20 Best one I've ever used and trust me I've tried them all!!!

BeaufortBelle Sun 20-Mar-16 14:18:33

I get these too. And have a thyroid problem. Foundation and a dab of No7 radiance concealer does the trick - no claggy lines anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now