suede bag and exploded lunch - any chance of salvation?

(7 Posts)
RuggerHug Fri 18-Mar-16 08:27:02

I have one 'good' bag that I got as a gift from DP. I adore it and use every day. It doesn't fit everything so lunch for work and book go in a separate canvas bag. On Tuesday, while running for bus, lunch decided to leap out of box and all over everything in canvas bag. Cleared it out, washed bag, somewhat cleared book (anyone interested in to a second hand copy of Moranifesto with a slight hint of veggie jalfreizi about it?). BUT just realised that it obviously leaked against the outside of the good bag. If feels rough and just wrongsad
Is there any proper way of sorting this does anyone know? I don't want to just start scrubbing it and soaking in case I make it worse/damage it beyond repair. Any suggestions wise mn-ers? Thanks! smile

Lisasmum3 Fri 18-Mar-16 09:08:24

Get it dry cleaned? I have taken suede boots in and they do a fab job.

RuggerHug Fri 18-Mar-16 15:39:17

....blush I have no idea why my addled brain didn't think of that first. Dry cleaners=clothes only connection I think. Thanks!blush skuttles away

Judydreamsofhorses Fri 18-Mar-16 20:27:52

As a student I once threw up in a lovely suede bag. The dry cleaner sorted it right out. (It was that or the taxi. I'd just been dumped and really did drown my sorrows.)

Loula117 Fri 18-Mar-16 22:35:01

If dry cleaner can't help I've used this place www.handbagclinic.co.uk/Gallery

JimineyJelickers Sat 19-Mar-16 13:20:08

The dry cleaner made my ink stained suede bag look perfect again. They are magicians.

RuggerHug Sat 19-Mar-16 18:09:41

Dry cleaners it is, thanks allsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now