Summer clothes - what do I need and where do I buy it?

(7 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:47:20

I've been pregnant/breastfeeding forever (well, for the last 4 summers) - this year will be the first time in 5 years I can wear normal clothes! All my old pre-DC things just seem all wrong now and I want to replace them. But what do I need? I'd like a few cotton dresses (not too short but not frumpy either) and too/bottom combos. I like the idea of skirts but anything other than a pencil skirt looks frumpy on me and pencil skirts don't seem very summery. Help! Anyone got any tips or advice?

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 17-Mar-16 18:49:01

I am doing similar!

I've chosen a few colours (Browns, greens, beige) and am trying to stick to them so things mix and match.

Do you need the clothes for work or home?

So far I have 3-4 linen/cotton dresses (la redoute), linen/cotton trousers (next & debenhams), 2 cardigans (woolovers), brown blazer (joules), 5 long line vests (matalan) 5 t-shirts (various).

I don't really do skirts but I have a black/white wrap around skirt that I really love.

No clue what to do about shoes yet.

YaySirNaySir Thu 17-Mar-16 19:01:47

I bought a black high/low Jersey skirt from New Look last year and wore it with t-shirts, vest tops, sandals or flip flops and a denim jacket.

PontypineNumber9 Thu 17-Mar-16 19:50:01

I was thinking, for a casual look- some harem style trousers (plain and print), and chinos (khaki and brown) with vests/t shirts and denim jacket. Not sure if this would be smart enough for work (it is quite casual though). Maybe I'll get a bomber jacket for work.
We're staying in the UK this summer so I don't need any beachy things but what do people wear when it gets really hot?

Belikethat Thu 17-Mar-16 19:54:34

I was wondering if maxi dresses were still in. I didn't wear mine once last summer.

Would you try the new shape cropped flares? (there were some on This Morning today.)

PontypineNumber9 Thu 17-Mar-16 20:24:39

I don't think I could do cropped flares. I'm 35 and would just feel like an idiot.
I do love Maxi dresses though. Maybe I'll get another one or two for hot weather.

mogloveseggs Thu 17-Mar-16 20:27:17

Asda have got lots of soft loose harem type trousers in at the moment. Think they're a tenner. Dd (11) said they were cool (so hopefully I won't look like an idiot in them grin).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now