Manicure Question

(5 Posts)
pupsiecola Thu 17-Mar-16 15:15:00

Should the cuticles around the bottom of your nails be clipped with those scissor like tools (as used on dead skin round edges) or just pushed back?

Iamblossom Thu 17-Mar-16 15:21:47

I would just push them back, with a tool specifically for the job, I think you risk infection if you cut them.

pupsiecola Thu 17-Mar-16 15:54:07

Yes. I went to a new nail bar yesterday. I don't normally have manicures. I just wanted them tidied up so had a mini manicure with no polish. The guy went all the way around with the 'clippers'. I didn't think about it at the time but they are feeling sensitive and a bit raw today.

Toxicity Thu 17-Mar-16 16:59:28

I now tell them not to cut my cuticles, I think it does more harm in the long run. The good salons tend to ask if you want them nipped or not but if they don't just let them know!

Hope your nails look nice!

itsbetterthanabox Thu 17-Mar-16 21:06:08

Cuticles should be back, all the dead skin from the nail plate. If the edges stick up and are ragged then can be nipped but the whole nail fold should not be removed. It risks infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now