Rose gold hair- Yay or nay?

(15 Posts)
nearlyovertherainbow Wed 16-Mar-16 16:36:34

Hi all,

Have dark brown hair and pale skin. Have been umming and ahhing about having my hair highlighted, simply because my hair is quite damaged. I decided to have an Olaplex treatment instead (for now) which is a bit meh tbh, but it probably has made a bit of a difference....maybe hmm Anyway, was googling hair colours and this metallic rose gold came up and I think it's gorgeous!

Problem is, I'm 31 and I'm not sure this isn't more of a teen-early 20's look. I wouldn't have an all over colour, maybe balayage??...

Thoughts please smile

originalusernamefail Wed 16-Mar-16 16:50:35

I've just had a Google - I luffs it! I'm also 31 with dark hair and pale skin, but also a big fat coward ( with no patience for colour maintenance) pleeeeaaasssee get this done and post a pic for me to see!

Ella2016xxxc Wed 16-Mar-16 16:52:17

Looks lovely but I bet it's a pain in the Arse to maintain.

321cba Wed 16-Mar-16 16:54:26

Yes! It's lovely

SanityClause Wed 16-Mar-16 17:01:34

I am 47, and had this done recently, but the pink comes out very quickly. I have bought some toner, and will get one of my DC to put it on, and I have now bought Bleach Rose shampoo and conditioner, which, hopefully, will help the colour last longer. The picture is what I was going for. The hairdresser did a lovely job with the ombré, it's just not very pink!

nearlyovertherainbow Wed 16-Mar-16 17:02:10

original , it's stunning isn't it! I'm loving this in particular
uk.pinterest.com/pin/430164201883074863/

My hair is a similar shade as the top of her hair, so very dark as you can see.

IdentityRequest1 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:04:11

I came on to link to the pin you just posted... DO IT!
I'm your age and often wonder about this kind of thing, but honestly - we aren't even old!

nearlyovertherainbow Wed 16-Mar-16 17:21:44

I know we're not old really, Identity smile but you know what it's like when you start worrying about looking like mutton dressed as lamb. I mean, we're more hogget, but you know grin

Would it really work with pale skin ?

Ilovetorrentialrain Wed 16-Mar-16 17:24:53

Definitely yay.

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 16-Mar-16 17:28:57

Gorgeous do it!!

IdentityRequest1 Wed 16-Mar-16 17:33:42

Yeah, I think it will work just fine! I'm pale too and have copper bayalage - if you are cooler-toned maybe go for more pinky tone, and if you're warmer go for more gold-y perhaps, but your colourist will point you in that direction.

originalusernamefail Wed 16-Mar-16 17:35:20

I'm feeling inspired and may make the most of maternity leave (work in hospital and not sure if this counts as a natural colour). Does anyone have any advice about finding a good colourist? My DSis paid for me to have baylage in my hair for my birthday, she paid £70 and to be honest no one could tell I'd had it done angry.

nearlyovertherainbow Thu 17-Mar-16 09:29:30

Identity , would you be brave kind enough to post a pic? I was considering a copper at one stage.

original , glad you're feeling inspired smile If you do get it done, let us have a look, yeah?

IdentityRequest1 Thu 17-Mar-16 17:01:52

Mine needs re-doing, so it'd not be a great pic for you, sadly... blush

nearlyovertherainbow Thu 17-Mar-16 17:12:05

<<sulks>> sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now