Dr martens

(15 Posts)
ootsideinbacktaefront Tue 15-Mar-16 20:04:45

I really want a pair, are they comfy? the size 6 feels massive the 5 feels snug, are they big or small made 😀

Ladybirdbookworm Tue 15-Mar-16 23:03:11

So comfy and impossible to wear out
I think they are made big around the toes but easily tightened up around the ankle so they feel secure IYKWIM
smile

ootsideinbacktaefront Wed 16-Mar-16 08:21:45

I have went for the smaller size so I'm wearing them around the house to see how it goes!!

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 16-Mar-16 08:33:21

Beware there might be a wearing in period! After that, as Ladybird says, they will be super comfy. Wore mine with socks and tights until worn in.

Laidupwithabrokenleg Wed 16-Mar-16 08:52:29

Wearing in definitely takes a while. I would make sure you have some Compeed blister plasters to hand. Some people recommend wearing a think sock underneath a thicker pair.

ootsideinbacktaefront Wed 16-Mar-16 09:24:22

Do you think I've done the right thing going for the smaller size? the bigger size felt huge and looked huge 😄

Knackeredknitter67 Wed 16-Mar-16 09:42:09

If you had gone for the bigger size, you would get more blisters. <bitterexperience>
Personally I would wear them in quick before sandal wearing weather
week season. Blisters spoil a good pedicure

ootsideinbacktaefront Wed 16-Mar-16 10:07:17

Thanks guys, I am a bit in love with them 😁😁

ItGoesWithoutSaying Wed 16-Mar-16 10:13:10

What sort did you get? (I have several pairs, boots and shoes.)

They generally run big IMO, I've had to buy a size down before. If they're patent they can take a wee while to break in but once they do, they're great.

Branleuse Wed 16-Mar-16 10:42:30

i think the sizing is different according to the style. You need to try on to know

ootsideinbacktaefront Wed 16-Mar-16 11:16:28

Yes they are patent, flora style .

gaggiagirl Wed 16-Mar-16 11:19:52

I wear mine with 2 pairs of socks. I'm sure the army/polis/posties are advised to do the same so the friction and rubbing is between the socks and not between your feet and the docs.

Lanark2 Wed 16-Mar-16 11:30:41

Slightly small and then broken in sounds good to.me!

CaoNiMao Wed 16-Mar-16 12:45:11

I have recently resurrected my old DM boots from my teenage years. They're still in excellent shape after (ahem) twenty-odd years. They also still have opera lyrics in faded TippExx on the tongue. I was a very cool teenager...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now