Short curly hair - product advice

(5 Posts)
GothicRainbow Tue 15-Mar-16 16:13:04

I'm currently 38 weeks pregnant with DS2 and have a longish pixie cut with a heavy blunt cut fringe. My hair is texture is fine but I have loads of it and has a natural soft wave/curl. I currently blow dry and straighten my hair after washing.

I realise I'm not really going to have time to be doing this once the baby arrives and I have my 3 year old DS1 to contend with too.

Does anyone have any good product recommendations for helping my hair dry naturally with a nice curl and minimal frizz?

Ideally I'd like to be able to wash, pop some product in and that be that for the day!

OhWotIsItThisTime Tue 15-Mar-16 19:09:52

Toni & Guy's soufflé is good. But pricy - I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

PoshSlapper Tue 15-Mar-16 20:00:51

I am growing out a pixie at the moment - and am at the very short bob stage. So getting curls back (used to be long).

I used to have to use quite light hair product so as not to weight the curl down as mine is fine too - but I am finding with shorter curls the light stuff doesn't actually hold it together enough and it ends up a bit pouffy and frumpy looking. So I , in exasperation used some of DH's bog standard hair wax. Nothing fancy. Nothing matt. Nothing with a faffy name. Just wax. This stuff. And it is fab. A little bit of glue as it were, to hold the curls together and a little bit of help to stop the frizz. And cheap as chips.

So - firstly try stuff your DH has maybe. Try something cheap and cheerful first. You can get this stuff in Sainsbos/Boots etc etc.

www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=260566894&gclid=Cj0KEQjw5Z63BRCLqqLtpc6dk7gBEiQA0OuhsFqhsr12OXIR06X0kRHXRKxz81zjazjqqIhmeJchaWUaAi8u8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

GothicRainbow Tue 15-Mar-16 20:09:21

Thanks Posh that's interesting as all the light hold creams and mousses I've tried haven't held it and it does look abit frumpy once it's dried.

I'm off to the supermarket tomorrow so will see what I can pick up. My DH uses a matt vo5 type wax that I'm not sure would agree but will be happy to try wax.

Wolpertinger Tue 15-Mar-16 20:22:11

I have fine wavy hair, lots of it in blunt layers. I use any shampoo and conditioner designed for fine hair not curls and then a few drops of hair oil - again not picky about brand.

I then let it dry naturally and just run my hands through it a few times to shake the curls up.

Oil seems enough to prevent frizz and I get lots of lovely wavy curls although it's fairly random how good it looks. I am too lazy to do any more styling blush but if I do dry it with a diffuser there is a lot more curl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now