Work trousers - slim waist, bigger hips, help!

(9 Posts)
BananaPie Mon 14-Mar-16 21:37:22

Please help me find smart work trousers that fit. I think I might be an awkward shape.

I'm a size 10, but I my waist must be out of proportion with my hips and thighs as quite often trousers that fit round the bum are too big on the waist, and trousers that fit nicely on the waist are far too tight over my hips and thighs.

I'm looking for smart trousers that are high waisted enough for me to tuck a shirt into, and are slim fitting without being tight on the legs. Any suggestions about where to shop? I just end up wearing skirts and dresses at the moment.

Jaimx86 Mon 14-Mar-16 21:38:15

I find Oasis to fit well and Kookai.

Wigeon Mon 14-Mar-16 21:42:22

I have exactly the same problem. Surely loads of women have bigger thighs / bum than waist? Apparently not, if you look at the sizing of most trousers. I have a size 10 waist and size 12 bum. I have Oasis, some Next and 2 lovely pairs of Hobbs trousers which fit especially brilliantly but were obviously more expensive (and dry clean - but I only ever wear them for work, not with the DC)

Ilovetorrentialrain Mon 14-Mar-16 22:13:33

I find Topshop trousers (tailored work-type ones) surprisingly good.

Jaimx86 Kookai are stil, going? Where are they sold please. I used to love their stuff but thought they'd gone bust.

RobberBride Mon 14-Mar-16 23:12:09

Have you tried Next's taper black trousers? I was hmm but they are surprisingly flattering with a nice pair of low heels.

DaphneWhitethigh Mon 14-Mar-16 23:20:37

Make friends with a local dry cleaner who does alterations. Buy trousers that fit well at your widest point and get them taken in at the waist.

WaterWorld Tue 05-Apr-16 10:28:29

I love the Next taper trousers too Rob and also the Next cigarette style ones were a very pleasant shock (to pear shaped me) and have become my faves, would recommend.

Ackvavit Tue 05-Apr-16 20:08:33

Don't shy away from h and m slim suit trousers.

Namehanger Tue 05-Apr-16 21:43:27

Artigiano - generous fit but stylish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now