I want wavy tousled hair

(13 Posts)
Helgathehairy Mon 14-Mar-16 20:49:36

what do I need to make it happen??

This always happens when I go looking at hair ideas on Pinterest! This look and this one

I have GHDs but I CANNOT get curls using them. I've watched tutorials but it just never works so think i need a wand of some kind?

My hair is thick and long.

Cakescakescakes Mon 14-Mar-16 21:03:12

This is what I want too!!!!! I also have long thick hair. Watching with interest smile

Botchit Mon 14-Mar-16 21:06:45

Me too. Never managed to achieve. Even the hairdresser sent me home with a poodle on my head rather than tousled girls.

Helgathehairy Mon 14-Mar-16 21:28:40

bot So did the girls have tousled hair? Could you ask them how to do it? grin

theclick Mon 14-Mar-16 21:50:36

Good curlers, i recommend babyliss pro. Hairspray strands you will curl (need to be wide strands to get the look of your Pinterest image). take curlers half way up the hair (NOT right to the root) for one minute, and let cool. hairspray again. Repeat all around. Then slowly brush out. That's how I do mine anyway - but i highly recommend watching YouTube videos for some much better guides!

Helgathehairy Mon 14-Mar-16 22:35:53

That looks good click and not crazy expensive.

Does brushing the curl not just create frizz though?

theclick Mon 14-Mar-16 22:59:06

Obviously would depend on your hair type but no, it should just make the curls a lot less tighter and more joined up in the hair (ie tousled and not look like you've spent half an hour curling it)

fiorentina Tue 15-Mar-16 07:16:44

I can achieve that with a little salt spray but it does depend how your hair naturally waves and its length. Mine is currently shoulder length. Friends with longer hair have used their ghds for that or even bigger rollers.

Helgathehairy Tue 15-Mar-16 09:25:54

Salt spray worked a bit when my hair was shorter but now it's longer it doesn't work as well.

I last had heated roller about 10/15 years ago - might be worth a look again!

Lotsofplanetshaveanorth Tue 15-Mar-16 09:39:19

Me too me too

I might give the spray and curl a go

. I had heated rollers back in the day, haven't seen them on sale for years. Someone suggested a digital perm but I live in the sticks sad

Lotsofplanetshaveanorth Tue 15-Mar-16 09:40:18

Also bought a scenically wand thing but can't get on with it sad

Lotsofplanetshaveanorth Tue 15-Mar-16 09:40:36

Scenically? Conical

I love the babyliss curl pro tis the easiest curl gadget I have ever tried, not cheap though but effortless.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now