natural deodorant/anti-perspirant

(18 Posts)
Flowerface Mon 14-Mar-16 20:24:29

I have had an on/off relationship with natural, aluminium free deodorant/antiperspirants for a while. Would like to go back on, but need recommendations. I had Melvita one which seemed to work when I was pregnant but later on made me smell... I really don't like feeling damp (and am quite a sweaty person...) but is this inevitable without aluminium?

SpaceKablooie Mon 14-Mar-16 20:29:57

I love the women's roll-on PitRok deodorant. Is it aluminium-free though?

I know what you mean about not liking feeling sweaty though, but I think it's really unnatural to not allow yourself to sweat confused. I favour vests and cardigans in winter, and vests only in summer.

TheOddity Mon 14-Mar-16 21:18:56

DH uses this rock thing, it is white like a crystal. Have you seen them? Really popular here in Italy.

TheOddity Mon 14-Mar-16 21:31:08

Hi just checking what you mean. The Italian ones are aluminium compounds, called Allume Di Rocca. But it is a compound, so not dangerous I imagine. It's like looking for hydrogen free water surely? Please do say if it has health indications I don't know about though so I can inform DH!

merjl278 Sun 24-Apr-16 08:19:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ZaraW Sun 24-Apr-16 15:29:21

Tom's of Maine works well in hot climates.

Drinksforeveryone Sun 24-Apr-16 15:38:32

I have always been a little dubious about the 'natural'deodorants- being a bit of a sweater -but I thought would try one.

I bought this incognito whilst placing anorder for other stuff. It's really good actually.

Granted it hasn't been super hot weather here but I have managed a couple of exercise classes and long walks without ponging too badly.

Will keep trying it and see how it goes.

petmyunicorn Sun 24-Apr-16 15:49:20

Salt of the earth plain mineral one works well. And the pump spray salt of the earth lavender and vanilla is a revelation. No smell AND no sweat.

And I'm a sweaty Betty.

petmyunicorn Sun 24-Apr-16 15:52:35

Though it's to be noted all natural deodorants work 1000% better if you have armpit hair, or so I've read. I think it's true.

specialsubject Sun 24-Apr-16 15:59:02

'won't interfere with homeopathic medicine'...

funniest piece of eco-babble I've read in a while.

potassium alum is quite a useful chemical though, who knew?

HeirOfNothingInParticular Sun 24-Apr-16 20:06:58

Try a deodorant stone or crystal. I've had one in past and it was good but can't remember where I got it from. Also Neals Yard deodorant is nice.

Housewife2010 Mon 25-Apr-16 06:43:25

Try fitpit which is a cream

Whattodiddlydo Mon 25-Apr-16 11:06:32

m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FPitRok-Crystal-Natural-Deodorant-Stick-100g_872199%2F

I use this and think it's amazing, it still allows your body to sweat but absolutely no smell. Lasts ages too, I've had mine for months and months looks like it will last at least a year and I use it daily after a shower.

Mrs9C Thu 19-May-16 16:28:09

I've come across this one by Soft & Gentle, has anyone used it yet? Currently using Neals Yard, but at £8 a bottle, it's a bit pricey. I also workout a lot, and it doesn't bet the sweat confused blush www.softandgentle.co.uk/products/aluminium-free

Mrs9C Thu 19-May-16 16:28:27

beat*

Mrs9C Thu 19-May-16 16:30:50

It's also claiming to be the UK's first natural anti perspirant...it's £2.99 per 150ml. Although NYs one is pricey, it does look like it'll last a good couple of months, if not longer.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 19-May-16 16:31:49

I've used Tom of Maine and binned it after one use as it was so useless.

I tried Bionsen which just smelled of really strong perfume mixed with sweat at the end of the day.

I'm back on the hard stuff nowgrin

Mrs9C Thu 19-May-16 16:37:03

I tried Bionsen too, no use for me. I've also got the Salt one, what's it called...it's okayish, but no use long term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now