Cleanser/makeup remover recommendations

(5 Posts)
carrielou2007 Sun 13-Mar-16 19:28:53

Getting on well with hot cloth cleansing and acid toners from recommendations from here. Looking for something to use with cotton wool/rinse off for times I wear makeup. I'm not able to wear any eye make up at all so just when I wear cc cream/powder. I bought Botanics one (hibiscus) put it doesn't remove all the make up however many times I use it. I tried face wipes but my face didn't feel clean and I didn't like how it made my skin feel.

I used to use a Clinique one years ago and a no.7 one but that was oily when I could wear mascara <tried again this week no 17 HD one nope my eyes wouldn't tolerate it>.

Just something when I wear makeup to quickly remove with cotton wool rather than hot cloth as I prefer that in the shower in the morning.

oOJJOo Sun 13-Mar-16 19:33:37

Micellar waters are great... If I wear makeup I tend to take the makeup off with a micellar water/cotton pads, and then wash my face with a basic cleanser.

At the moment I use Eucerin 3 in 1 micellar water followed by Elemis Tri-enzyme cleanser. In the past I've got on well with garnier micellar water and bioderma. All of these products are very gentle but effective, and seem more effective than cleansing wipes.

ShebaQueen Sun 13-Mar-16 20:09:28

I agree with oOJJOo, micellar waters are great.

I like this one www.boots.com/en/Bioderma-Sensibio-H2O-250ml_1734022/

carrielou2007 Sun 13-Mar-16 20:49:50

I did have a Garnier one wonder if I still have it? Otherwise will pop to Boots to have a look for some, sounds just the thing I'm after. Thank you both flowers

Jaimx86 Sun 13-Mar-16 20:53:51

I have to say I love Simple. Been using their cleanser for 15 years and nothing else I've tried beats it - I have the Selfridges Beauty Advent Calendar each year and a monthly BirchBox so have tried a lot. If I'm having a pamper, I'll follow it with Elemis cleansing balm and a hot cloth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now