Could someone advise me re shoes please?

(10 Posts)
Wadingthroughsoup Fri 11-Mar-16 21:23:30

Specifically, what sort of a shoe would one wear with a short, pleated skirt and tights for a smart look? I was wondering about this sort of thing:

www.next.co.uk/x57364s7#886727

Or these?

www.marksandspencer.com/stain-away-suede-elastic-shoe-boots-with-insolia/p/p22401475?prevPage=plp

I really have no idea what I'm doing. Please help me.

andthenthereweretwo Sat 12-Mar-16 09:46:23

I also have no what I'm doing fashion wise but I prefer the second pair-the first look a bit old lady if you get my drift. The second pair look more stylish to me.

andthenthereweretwo Sat 12-Mar-16 09:47:55

Although on s second look not sure about the elasticated bit but then I don't like elasticated sides on shoes!

Wadingthroughsoup Sat 12-Mar-16 11:13:06

Thank you! I'm not sure about the elastic either!

gladyoucame Sat 12-Mar-16 13:38:33

I have the M&S boots from last year. I love them and I find them very comfortable. Elastic bit looks good in real life. Tend to wear with black opaques as sometimes tights make shoes a bit slippy. Especially good at half price!

gladyoucame Sat 12-Mar-16 13:39:32

I have black pair but fancy the navy ones now😀

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 12-Mar-16 13:43:49

Think both are great and will work with a skirt and opaques.

M&S look higher/thinner heel, so depends on if you want or 'need' height vs comfort & how long you'll on your feet old lady comment!

LittleRedSparke Sat 12-Mar-16 13:45:27

i like the 2nd pair if you're ok on heels?

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 12-Mar-16 13:45:32

Actually they both look as high!

Wadingthroughsoup Sat 12-Mar-16 14:05:10

I'm hopeless on heels 😂 But I like to wear them very occasionally! I live in Fly boots, Birkenstocks and trainers according to season/activity.

I've ordered these and am off to collect them in a minute: www.next.co.uk/g97166s9#401168

I was after something to wear tonight- nothing like leaving it to the last minute! The other Next pair are out of stock and I wasn't sure about the M&S ones. This pair are expensive and I'm not sure how they'll look, but I'll give them a try. I have a back-up outfit in case it doesn't work out!

I might have a look at those M&S ones when I get a chance though.

Thanks very much all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now