Please help me fix my skin!

(3 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 11-Mar-16 18:38:41

It's driving me mad! I'm fair with lots of moles and occasionally get spots on my forehead or Chin. I have quite dry skin generally but around my nose it's so oily it itches. My forehead is getting quite bad too. I'm currently using a botanics day cream and night cream and using a loreal cleanser and toner. I don't have much money so am limited to high street. What could I use/do to help me not want to rip my face off as I do right now?!

CleopatrasDaughter Fri 11-Mar-16 19:36:13

I have similar skin.

I find toners irritate my skin, for starters.

What sort of cleanser is the Loreal one? Loreal products can be very harsh.

I'd switch to a gentle cream cleanser and hot cloth (muslin or soft flannel in warm/hot water) to take it off at night. Superdrug Vitamin E or Radiance hot cloth cleansers are cheap as chips and really gentle and creamy - perfect for combination skin.

For the dryness - you could try using a few drops of facial oil or a serum before applying your night cream?

I use Trilogy rosehip oil (not that cheap - about 20 quid a bottle...but lasts ages) and Aldi Lacura serum (decent and cheap, although the fragrance is a bit granny-ish).

I find properly double cleansing (ie. doing the hot cloth routine twice) and super moisturising (oil, serum, night cream) my skin at night means all it needs is a splash of water and pat dry in the mornings, then apply sunscreen (if you're very fair and moley, I would honestly sack off the day cream and use a high factor sunscreen instead).

Its definitely made my dry bits less dry and my oily bits less oily.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Fri 11-Mar-16 20:27:37

It's a loreal cream cleanser - for old skin (I'm not that old but it looked OK...)
Thanks for the reply, I've never heard of double cleansing. Or facial oils. Would you use a specific facial sunscreen? An interesting idea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now