Has anyone used Olaplex hair treatment?

(8 Posts)
JacksSkellington Fri 11-Mar-16 15:12:25

Apparently it's what Kim Kardashian used to go white blonde and it repairs the bonds in your hair during and after colouring.

Has anyone tried it? It's usually a two step process while dyeing/bleaching and then the salon gives you a treatment to take home.

I've bought the take-home step 3 from Amazon. Currently sitting with it on my head and hoping for a miracle.

JacksSkellington Sat 12-Mar-16 08:44:02

Well I left it in for 40minutes (you need to leave it in at least 10mins but it can be left overnight).

I have hair like a real girl now grin This stuff is seriously amazing for overprocessed chemically treated hair. I've woken up this morning and my hair isn't crispy and crunchy like it usually is after lying on it.

If you've got bleached or damaged hair I'd highly recommend it.

burnishedsilver Sat 12-Mar-16 10:06:41

Interesting. Thanks. I'll give it a go.

ZaraW Sat 12-Mar-16 14:22:19

There was another review of this earlier this week with mixed reviews.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Sat 12-Mar-16 14:24:54

I've used it. The first time I used it just as a treatment on it's own and my normally coarse hair was amazingly silky. I really thought it was a wonder product. But I have also used it with colour - including this morning - and the result was much less amazing.

FrustratedFrugal Sat 12-Mar-16 14:33:05

I've tried it, the difference post treatment was tiny, and I did not buy the products. I'm a highlighted blonde, maybe it helps more if you do something more punishing. I felt I wasted my money.

I am skeptical about most things associated with Kardashians.

JacksSkellington Sat 12-Mar-16 18:20:02

I'll report back when I use it again but it's made a vast improvement to my hair.

ImNotChanging did you use number 1 and number two when you dyed your hair? I'm toying with buying number 1 for when I next do my roots...

JimineyJelickers Sat 12-Mar-16 18:33:37

My hairdresser used this on me today. She said she only used the second part on me, but my hair is lovely and silky, instead of dry and straw like as usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now