Vaseline on face??

(9 Posts)
ChildlessAndOK Thu 10-Mar-16 13:44:51

I once read that sleeping with Vaseline on ur face is good for ur skin?
I'm looking for opinions as to if this is a good idea or not?
Logically it sounds like it wouldn't be good for skin....
Also read that sudocrem can be good for same thing?
What do u think? Does anyone use anything similar?
It's for skin protection, moisturise, brighten etc and hopefully help with staving off wrinkles?
Any help?? TY!
A

LuckySantangelo1 Thu 10-Mar-16 13:48:16

I know a dermatologist who told me that if your skin is really dehydrated the best thing you can do is put Vaseline on it. I've never tried it as I have oily skin but this was his advice. Worth a try if your skin is super dry.

badfurday Thu 10-Mar-16 13:54:52

I have done it before and it its fine. Didn't really do much tbh.

Have you tried coconut oil or olive oil, I find they make my skin really smooth and supple.

Greengardenpixie Thu 10-Mar-16 14:13:21

Its very greasy. I put it around my eye area but would imagine it would be really greasy all over the face. My eyes still have the vaseline on in the morning!!!!

Talisin Thu 10-Mar-16 14:27:21

Vaseline is an occlusive (in simple terms, any moisture that's in the skin already, it traps there) so if you have really dehydrated skin then slap on a nice, rich moisturiser then put vaseline over the top to seal it in.

Nabootique Thu 10-Mar-16 15:01:04

If it's dry, possibly yes, if it's dehydrated no because it won't do anything. Dry and dehydrated are different things.

Nabootique Thu 10-Mar-16 15:04:58

I just mean in terms of what it has in it. As for actually putting it on my face, hell no. If you want to sleep in something try an overnight mask. The Kiehls one is nice. Or an overnight glycolic treatment for smoothing and brightening, like REN.

amarmai Thu 10-Mar-16 15:21:30

vaseline is the only skin conditioner i have used for decades-after a bath i rub it on my feet and legs. any time my lips feel dry i put on a little. also around my eyes -or anywhere.Oh and my hands every day.

ChildlessAndOK Thu 10-Mar-16 18:50:34

Thanks posters, I'll have a look at those overnight face masks.
I did think about coconut oil too - think I'll try get some tomorrow.
I just would take anything that will help keep wrinkles at bay!!
A

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now