j crew sizing

(9 Posts)
Pileofstuffatthebottomofthesta Mon 07-Mar-16 10:09:08

Hi

Just seen a lovely j crew dress on the red dress thread. What is the sizing like? Also if you order from UK site are there additional taxes etc to pay?

TIA

MadisonMontgomery Mon 07-Mar-16 10:17:16

Think it's fairly true to size - remember to convert from US to UK sizing tho. They use Borderfree for shipping so it's all calculated at checkout.

Pileofstuffatthebottomofthesta Mon 07-Mar-16 10:19:58

Thanks

IsabelMarant Mon 07-Mar-16 11:00:09

I find j crew sizing to be big. I am a UK 10, M in Zara, but usually wear XS in J Crew, sometimes XXS

pixelchick10 Mon 07-Mar-16 16:15:22

I find it true to size - I'm a 12-14 and fit a L in their tops and sweaters

Botchit Mon 07-Mar-16 16:58:11

Just note that their returns are not free. I love J crew.

Lamu Mon 07-Mar-16 17:05:15

Botchit you can return to store, if you're close to London. I've found it pretty hassle free.

Their sizing is true to size in some things yet large to size in others. Dresses i tend to size down.

FizzyBubbly Mon 07-Mar-16 19:18:44

Found them to be big too.

My recent (January?) return was free and was picked up from my front door by DHL. Was fully expecting to pay for my return so very happy! It was a large order though so don't know if it qualified for free returns? (I did return every single item too!)

vulgarbunting Mon 07-Mar-16 22:19:56

It's the ultimate in vanity sizing. I am a 10-12. I'm wearing their (UK sized) 6 Martie pants. It varies though, and the reviews in the comments on the website are really useful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now