If Im apple shaped, can I ever look good in jeans....?

(20 Posts)
Nancery Sun 06-Mar-16 19:24:47

Can I?

ouryve Sun 06-Mar-16 19:27:18

So long as you dress to emphasis the features that make you feel best about yourself, whether that's legs, boobs or whatever, of course you can.

Nancery Sun 06-Mar-16 19:32:43

Hmmm, not looking so good on the jeans front then as my legs are okay, but mainly from mid thigh down!
Bugger

MrsWooster Sun 06-Mar-16 19:36:52

Long tops

zippyswife Sun 06-Mar-16 20:56:17

I'm an apple with long skinny legs. Jeans look good on me- high waisted skinnies are best. Try some high waisted ones with long/hip length tops?

Queenoftheblues Sun 06-Mar-16 20:59:02

go for high waisted jeans that hold in
your belly but not do tight they causea muffin top. skinny jeans will dhoe off ur slim legs. wear longish tops that skim with lowish neckline and statement necklace. add a fitted blazer.

Nancery Sun 06-Mar-16 21:22:09

Thanks. Can anyone recommend any brands?

zippyswife Mon 07-Mar-16 00:18:51

Zara had some great high waisted jeans a while back (I'm just out if maternity clothes so not sure what's in the shops at the minute) and I got some lovely cheap Monday ones from Asos last year too.

myknickersknackersknockers Mon 07-Mar-16 06:39:13

I'm an apple and I like the Dorothy Perkins Eden jeggings and the m&s five pocket jeggings. Both high waisted.

meatliqour Mon 07-Mar-16 06:43:18

High Waisted J Brand. They are not cheap but I look like I have had a tummy tuck wearing them!

I am a true Apple & these are the only jeans I can wear

marriednotdead Mon 07-Mar-16 07:06:33

Another apple here happily wearing exactly the same two styles as knickers does! Especially happy as they come in long leg lengths too.

ScienceRocks Mon 07-Mar-16 08:02:06

Nydj skinnies are good for apples. At a lower price point, linea at house if Fraser are good too. I also like Dorothy Perkins and Boden's kick flares, but their skinnies are usually too low rise on me to look nice. The kick flares mean shorter tops are possible - hip length rather than mid-thigh.

getoffthattabletnow Mon 07-Mar-16 09:45:50

Relaxed skinny denim jeans by M&S Collection are really good for Apples.The waist is fairly high and the jeans are very flattering with more of a slim boyfriend cut.

zippyswife Mon 07-Mar-16 10:19:49

Like the sound of the tummy tuck ones! I might have to try those myself!!

louise2011 Mon 07-Mar-16 20:02:18

Highly recommend topshop Jamie skinny jeans. High waisted & don't go baggy. Come in a few lengths. I love them

ouryve Mon 07-Mar-16 20:49:39

Definitely long tops and skinnies for me, too! Long tops for me are lower hip, rather than mid thigh, though, as I'm short of limb (and long of torso) and look swamped in anything that visually takes length off my legs.

My jeans, at the moment, are all M&S lift and sculpt. I have them in indigo, black and plum!

I have to wear a belt, too. If I get bloated, my jeans just fall down, otherwise.

ShebaQueen Mon 07-Mar-16 21:25:35

I'm an apple but my legs look like sausages in skinnies, would slim or straight fit be best for me?

AdorableMisfit Mon 07-Mar-16 21:30:53

I'm an apple shape too, and I've found I look much better in straight leg or boot cut jeans. Finding high waisted boot cut jeans is really hard though.

ShebaQueen Mon 07-Mar-16 21:43:30

Thanks Adorable that makes sense, I think I need a style that balances me out a bit.

annielostit Mon 07-Mar-16 21:47:03

2nd the NYDJ brand- expensive upfront but last and look good for years!! Have found m&s lift/sculpt things not a patch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now