Comfy pants - suggestions please

(11 Posts)
NothingButAHoundDog Sun 06-Mar-16 14:04:41

Not sure if this counts as a Style & Beauty question but hey ho...
I am looking for comfy pants! Am a size 14, have a bit of a tummy, not helped by overhang from c section (7 yrs ago!) and I prefer pants that sit over my tummy - high legs I guess.
Don't want to go full on massive pants, but am looking for comfort over style ha ha! Have looked at Sloggis but they do seem expensive, which I don't really mind if they are worth it.
Suggestions please!

RhombusRiley Sun 06-Mar-16 15:05:41

I'm similar to you, size 14 with C-section "shelf". The best pants I have found are Uniqlo. I like the shorts-style ones best, they are "big" but without being frumpy or baggy IYSWIM. But they have several other good styles too.

I also often wear light control shorts on top which I get from Tesco. Great for making the "shelf" and general area all feel nice and comfortable and tucked away.

NothingButAHoundDog Sun 06-Mar-16 16:30:48

Ooh thanks Rhombus, I will definitely take a look!

toomuchinternets Sun 06-Mar-16 16:59:52

I like M&S high legs.

I spent a mini fortune on Sloggis last year and wish I hadn't bothered. Yes they're very comfy but they have little labels on the waistband, all of which fell off within weeks and little holes appeared instead.

Tkmum23 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:47:49

Primark trouser knickers in skin or black. Also have csection overhang from 5 years ago and size 14 to 16

GhettoFabulous Sun 06-Mar-16 19:34:28

Primark or Debenhams full briefs. I love my big belly warmers, with the added advantage that I could set sail with them, if I was so inclined.

NothingButAHoundDog Sun 06-Mar-16 21:45:01

Thanks for all the suggestions. Good to know about Sloggis Toomuch, I keep looking at them online but hesitate to buy because of the cost. Am going to look at Debenhams and Primark too.
Tkmum I haven't heard of trouser knickers, will investigate! Ghetto big belly warmers sound good!

Pantsalive Sun 06-Mar-16 22:35:45

Primark multipack of high legs. I got my first pack recently and I love them. Almost as good as the ones John Lewis used to do.

MountainDweller Mon 07-Mar-16 00:00:00

I love my Sloggi midis. They sit just below my waist - no problems with labels here!

MarvellousCake Mon 07-Mar-16 12:10:10

Another vote for uniqlo. No elastic on the hems. Most comfy ever.

toomuchinternets Mon 07-Mar-16 22:03:46

Mine were from Debenhams, I was really disappointed. They're comfy though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now