Help me choose my first Le Pliage?

(12 Posts)
ClarenceTheLion Sun 06-Mar-16 13:26:31

I love the colour of this one (the khaki, not the bright pink) but the dimensions make it seem more like a weekend bag than a bag for work. 49cm width seems really big? www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/longchamp-le-pliage-shopper_289-2001484-1899578/

Navy or black. I prefer black, but the 'expensive' thread would suggest navy I think? www.selfridges.com/GB/en/cat/longchamp-le-pliage-large-shopper-in-black_193-2001484-1899089BLACK/

MarvinGorilla Sun 06-Mar-16 14:07:06

I had a black one in this size and used it to death for years- sadly it got paint on it so I don't have it anymore. They are fab bags, you can chuck absolutely all your shit in them and still have room for more, and they never feel heavy or dig into your shoulder. Navy or black are both lovely and go with everything. This size sounds big but they are slouchy and light and never feel large.

andadietcoke Sun 06-Mar-16 15:58:04

I have the medium shopper in navy. It used to be my 'going to London for work' bag - I could fit everything in and sling it over my shoulder.

ParcelP Sun 06-Mar-16 16:02:31

I have s grey one a light blue one and a smaller black one. They are really brilliant! I think black and navy are nice. I wear black and navy together so either colour would work!

ChippyMinton Sun 06-Mar-16 16:51:30

Black or navy, or maybe a dark burgundy if they have one. Or red.
Not light colour though, as they get grubby.

yazzy85 Sun 06-Mar-16 17:54:19

I have the black one and use it loads. When out and about with the kids it fits everything inside or even going to the shops etc.

Annarose2014 Sun 06-Mar-16 18:00:15

I have the medium black and it's been a great little workhorse for years.

Sometimes I regret not getting the navy but then there have been lots of nights when I went out to the pub wearing all black and couldn't be arsed with a little clutch bag and the black Pliage went fine. I was glad it was black then.

Also it shows zero dirt.

Whatever you get, go for long handles. The short handles are awkward.

LagoDiComo Sun 06-Mar-16 19:59:52

I found dark grey went with everything

Oly5 Sun 06-Mar-16 20:22:47

I have navy and love it, it's classy. But I have it in three other dark colours too and they are all fab. Brilliant bag, lasts ages x

ClarenceTheLion Sun 06-Mar-16 23:26:51

Great. I got the long handled black one smile

nipersvest Mon 07-Mar-16 12:00:23

i bought the navy for my mil and the black for my mum for christmas, out of the 2, i preferred the black if i was getting one for myself.

polyhymnia Mon 07-Mar-16 13:26:54

I have both black and navy, both great and veryhsrdwearing. Would definitely go for one with handles long enough to sit comfortably on the shoulder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now