Shoe crisis - please help!!

(13 Posts)
IncidentalAnarchist Sat 05-Mar-16 12:42:21

To cut a long story short I'll summarise:

I've always been crap with shoes
I am short and round
I work in an office role where a level of smartness/style is needed

I've managed to sustain an injury that means I am banned from wearing heels for the foreseeable future. I'm disproportionately devastated and need to look at shoe solutions for:

1) every day office wear - would flat brogues be good?

And, more importantly priorities

2) I have a formal event coming up soon whereby I'll be in long evening wear. What the hell kind of flat shoes can I wear to a formal evening event?!

Please, please help!

IncidentalAnarchist Sat 05-Mar-16 14:33:34

Hopeful bump?

IncidentalAnarchist Sat 05-Mar-16 19:03:14

Sigh...

DaphneWhitethigh Sat 05-Mar-16 19:06:30

Brogues, absolutely. They're not cutting edge but they're comfortable, everywhere sells them, and they're perfectly fine. I got one of my best work pairs in the Debenhams school uniform sale blush

In the winter flat riding boots are fine, but as we move towards April it's a bit of a weird look.

When you say "no heels" could you wear low wedges?

marjolaine Sat 05-Mar-16 19:08:20

How about pointy flats, maybe in metallic to dress it up a bit?

DaphneWhitethigh Sat 05-Mar-16 19:10:28

Look at what the Jagger bridesmaids were wearing at Jerry Hall's "wedding" today. On no account look at what Jerry was wearing on her feet.

tellmemore1982 Sat 05-Mar-16 19:17:45

1) Pointy flats can look very smart, especially if they are either a nice gloss or have a gloss / metallic feature with them. I have a pair which I wear al the time and am frequently complimented on, they really dress up a pair of black trousers and top

2) How about open toe / strappy flat sandals with the evening dress. Embellished / sparkly ones would dress the outfit up more than plain. What dress will you wear?

tellmemore1982 Sat 05-Mar-16 19:47:44

Have a look under "dress flats" on the Russell & Bromley website for work shoes. There will be plenty of cheaper ones similar elsewhere if too expensive but there are some lovely shoes there.

IncidentalAnarchist Sat 05-Mar-16 19:50:41

Oh fab, thank you
Could anyone post a linky to these pointy flats/metallic feature? I can't envisage them

DaphneWhitethigh Sat 05-Mar-16 19:59:14

This should give you the general idea

Talisin Sat 05-Mar-16 20:28:34

Next have some rather nice metallics in at the moment. Evening rose gold slingbacks here, slightly more office-y wear silvery pewter slingbacks, pewter ballerinas, or in gold (very comfy) maybe for off duty wear.

polyhymnia Sat 05-Mar-16 21:02:56

For the evening do R sndB and LKB have some lovely pointed and embellidhed flats.

polyhymnia Sat 05-Mar-16 21:03:09

R and B

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now