Wedding woes - what to wear please?

(8 Posts)
Katkat50 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:32:54

I'm almost 50 (gulp, looks scary written down!) and have a wedding to go to in early April.
I haven't been to a wedding for at least 8 years, so I'm having a bit of a 'I haven't got a clue' moment!
I am 5'1" and 7 and 1/2 st, so I find looking mature and elegant tricky at the best of times.
Suggestions greatly appreciated.
Thanks

tethersend Fri 04-Mar-16 22:38:23

What colouring are you? What's your usual style/what do you feel comfortable in?

What's your budget?

Katkat50 Sat 05-Mar-16 07:40:43

Brown hair, fair/average skin tone,usually a 6-8 in skirt/trousers, 10 upper body.
I'm more of a casual dresser so that's why this is proving a bit tricky! Being on the short side, so many options are automatically cut out, but I'd like to look well styled...
Budget - flexible for the right thing, but probably 100-200.
Thnx

Eastpoint Sat 05-Mar-16 07:44:37

It sounds as if you have an elegant well proportioned figure, Whistles? I have a friend the same height & build who buys a lot there. She also shops at Zara. Ted Baker has some dresses too. If you wear a dress you won't have to worry about choosing 2 pieces or them coming apart st the waist, I suppose the downside is you aren't maximising the benefit of having lovely slim hips...

SunnySomer Sat 05-Mar-16 07:52:16

I agree Whistles would be good; would steer clear of Ted Baker as the colours are always so garish and smack of 20-something going out clubbing. I got a really lovely dress at Karen Millen last summer - very striking.

burnishedsilver Sat 05-Mar-16 10:23:40

I think this is lovely. It comes in petite sizes.

burnishedsilver Sat 05-Mar-16 10:29:50

This is also petite and might work if you prefer something less fitted.

Katkat50 Sat 05-Mar-16 17:11:39

Burnished .... Thanks for your suggestions. The navy leaf one is lovely and probably more 'me'
I'll have a look on Whistles website, we don't have one locally, but I always thought they were suited more for tall folk....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now