about these boots....

(6 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Fri 04-Mar-16 20:04:25

www.hudsonshoes.com/horrigan-beige-suede-boot.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CjwKEAiAgeW2BRDDtKaTne77ghgSJACq2U4bND0ibzOrb6J24kQd8gcibc_uFcWsLth_f6itVfAM1BoCsa_w_wcB

Got these which seem lovely and comfy, I love the look and even the distressed thing looks good (I never thought I would like it really but I'll never worry about marking them hey?!) but am really unsure about this whole leather sole thing. So I've not even worn them outside yet. sad Aren't they going to be a pain to wear and look after? If I ask a cobbler to put a rubber sole on, will it last 'forever' or drop off every six months? And how much is it going to cost me?! confused

Yseulte Fri 04-Mar-16 20:20:35

Leather soles are fine outside.

keeponkeepinon Fri 04-Mar-16 20:24:52

Really? I have visions of holes quickly being worn through them, and them swelling up and warping if I mistakenly step in a puddle!

I want these beauties to last a very long time.

Sixinabed Fri 04-Mar-16 21:14:56

Dp will only wear leather soles because he has a gait in one leg and they are harder wearing and easier to resole.
They will last much longer than if they had rubber soles! They are lovely boots - enjoy grin

keeponkeepinon Fri 04-Mar-16 22:02:25

Surely it would be a fortune to resole leather, I am guessing reasonably frequently too? Every year?
Has anyone got these shoes and give me info on how they are keeping

Yseulte Sat 05-Mar-16 08:51:11

They don't need resoling more often than any other kind of sole.

Yes it's more expensive, but not massively.

You can have metal tips put on the heel and toe, that stops those bits wearing out.

Personally I don't like rubber soles on leather shoes as it makes them heavier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now