If you are generally slim but have a 'mum tum' what exactly do you wear?

(13 Posts)
Cloudybutwarm Fri 04-Mar-16 16:56:40

I am 5ft 2, a size 8/10 but just cannot shift my tummy after 2 sections. Ds2 is 18m now and by the end of the day I still look about 5m pregnant.

I have been rocking a mean line of tunic tops but have now realised they are probably not actually as flattering as I thought.

So where do I go from here?!

ArmfulOfRoses Fri 04-Mar-16 16:58:02

No advice for you but I'm gonna hang around and see what people advise.

Ottosaurus Fri 04-Mar-16 17:01:28

I'm in exactly the same place, my clothes look awful. .. following with interest as I really need a personal stylist

YourBubzYourRulzHun Fri 04-Mar-16 18:28:41

Spanx, under everything

Kennington Fri 04-Mar-16 18:31:27

I fight it and tuck in fine gauge merino tops into high waisted jeans - proper denim not the jeggings abomination that shows everything!
Am 5'5 and 8-10 with a mum tum due to a sugary sweet addiction I blame on breastfeeding!

Jemimapuddleduk Fri 04-Mar-16 19:43:39

I am not as slim as you (12) but have a horrific mum tum after 2 close pregnancies, c sections and antidepressants which seem to have led to tummy weight gain. The Hush dresses are particularly good. There are several styles with looser top and fitted skirt (Venice beach dress and Tara dress). I love them and think they are fairly flattering and stylish too.

ooosaidooo Fri 04-Mar-16 20:23:13

Spanx under everything (not the shorts version), M&S shape-ware is pretty good too...basically nothing that stops below my bra. I like a low rise jean otherwise I end up with a mega tummy. Other than that I just wear stuff I like. I did tunics for a while until a nice lady asked me when my 'next one' was due blush.

The thing that helped the most though was physio for my separated tummy muscles, pilates and cutting out wheat/other bloating food.

Smartiepants79 Fri 04-Mar-16 20:28:14

I almost exactly the same shape and size as you.
I have recently discover high wasted jeans to be more flattering.
Buy tops carefully. Not too small or too big.
I'm also trying to accept that it probably looks much worse to me than others.
I look at women twice my size happily wearing bikinis and tight fit dresses and think it's all in my head! If they can I should too!

looki Fri 04-Mar-16 23:01:06

Cos, Cos, Cos, Cos, Cos, Cos, Cos,...................and Topshop Jamie jeans.

Kennington Sat 05-Mar-16 11:25:35

Looki is right!

StephenKatz Sat 05-Mar-16 18:06:50

That's me - impressive amount of saggy loose skin, hiding some killer abs underneath (or so I tell myself!!)

High waisted jeans. Spanx (£5 in B&M). Tube skirts with skimming tops.

PuzzlingPanda Sat 05-Mar-16 21:12:07

This is me, so I'm watching with interest.

Agree with the high waisted jeans and tops combo.

Anyone able to link to a flattering tube skirt?

StephenKatz Sun 06-Mar-16 09:17:58

Panda I can't find the one I have on H&Ms website, but I bought it not long ago so perhaps still in stores! It's quite short and is double layered (as in there's no hem at the bottom, the material just folds and goes back up to the waistband underneith). Mines grey but I think you could get navy stripe and a leopard print version as well. It's a bastard to iron because of the double layer but for some reason doesn't cling to my tummy quite as much as others I've tried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now