Joules

(8 Posts)
PollyPerky Fri 04-Mar-16 15:22:36

I just don't 'get' them.
Who/ what is their demography?
They used to be aimed at the upper class horsey set but now they seem to be competing on a watered down level with Boden and even White Stuff.
Are they trying to go for the quaint 'English' look with all the chintzy fabrics or what? 'fraid I don't like any of it.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 04-Mar-16 15:26:23

I like them, I like the bold florals and I think they look 'expensive' compared to other brands. I don't work so I don't need formal clothes but I find them smarter than just jeans and tops. If you don't like it, don't wear it. I can't stand next clothing- overpriced, badly sized, and old fashioned mumsy styling. So I don't shop there.....

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 04-Mar-16 15:27:53

And I'm not 'horsey' either. I aspire to be boho, but no grown up with kids can really pull that off, so I feel joules is a little nod to that. I also like fatface, white stuff etc.

icanicant Fri 04-Mar-16 20:45:52

joules do some lovely stuff and some chintzy stuff. i dunno i have a tweed skirt from them which looks great with a black sweatshirt and have lots of their jewellery. it's not all just chintz

Ohtobeskiing Fri 04-Mar-16 20:53:40

Joules breton style striped tops are great - a really heavy weight jersey.

MissAlabamaWhitman Fri 04-Mar-16 21:53:07

Its aimed at the middle aged middle classes surely?

Bodicea Fri 04-Mar-16 21:55:18

I like the quilted jackets and the kids clothes. That's about it.

Bodicea Fri 04-Mar-16 21:55:57

Also the spring coats this year are really flowery and frumpy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now