Jigsaw sizing

(10 Posts)
Greengardenpixie Fri 04-Mar-16 13:55:26

Its been years since i bought anything but am thinking about buying a dress
The only thing is, the sizing is small medium and large. I am a 12 and am still losing weight but am wondering what size to buy. Can anyone tell me what size a small is compared to a medium? Would it be a 10? Is a medium a 12 and is it a large fit? I just cant decide!!! I cant afford to order both and hoping to have the dress for an occasion on Monday!

PollyPerky Fri 04-Mar-16 15:24:41

What are your actual measurements?
I am an 8-10 and find I need an XS in their dresses but it does depend on the style. Anything floaty or unfitted tends to be big. If you link to the dress, I may have seen it or tried it on.

Greengardenpixie Fri 04-Mar-16 16:48:38

www.jigsaw-online.com/product/v-neck-wave-spot-dress/J29963_BL010

Its this dress. Bust is 34.5 inches. Waist is 29 iches and my hips are about 39 inches. I am pear shaped.

PollyPerky Fri 04-Mar-16 17:15:47

Go for the Small. Those dresses tend to be very big and sometimes the models have them pinned back. I am sure a small will fit- they are too big for me in a small- I'd need XS and my bust is 35, hips 36.

Greengardenpixie Fri 04-Mar-16 17:29:15

Thank you Polly smile Going to order it now!

Greengardenpixie Fri 04-Mar-16 17:34:55

Ordered it and should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully it will fit! if not then i will return it and just wear something i have smile

Saurus72 Fri 04-Mar-16 21:11:36

That dress is gorgeous, very tempted by it myself.

I'm loving Jigsaw at the moment, so much lovely stuff. I bought this a few weeks ago, it's beautiful (doesn't have the weird flippy hem in real life) www.jigsaw-online.com/product/engineered-stripe-kimono-dress/J29296_BL010

Definitely expensive, but encouraging me to buy far less but better.

Greengardenpixie Sat 05-Mar-16 09:15:15

Oh yes that is beautiful. I love the kimono dress. I was wondering if the dress I have ordered is viscose jersey. Its very hard to tell!!!

Greengardenpixie Sat 05-Mar-16 09:18:01

It says its a feminine and contemporary take on a jersey dress. I wonder if that means its jersey. I originally thought it was viscose material but not sure now. Dont mind either way but more give in jersey!!!!

I really love this too:

www.jigsaw-online.com/product/block-print-dress/J28739_BL010

Greengardenpixie Sat 05-Mar-16 11:27:27

Well its more material but it fits beautifully. I bought a little navy cardigan to go with it. Delighted. Thanks for all your help. The small is perfect smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now