the best shampoo for greasy hair?!

(13 Posts)
Shortandsweet20 Fri 04-Mar-16 11:53:27

My hair must be incredibly oily, it normally lasts 2 days, but I often have to dry shampoo the second day! I am making a real effort to not mess with it as I know that just makes it worse but are they any shampoos out there that may help?

I have been leaving it for as long as possibly recently when i can, if I know I'm not in school or uni then I leave it! This week I washed it Monday night and then this morning but needed a lot of dry shampoo yesterday!

I've tried head and shoulders, herbal essence and quite a few others! Any suggestions would be great!

Cakescakescakes Fri 04-Mar-16 15:54:50

I tried Redken Cleansing Cream when I had crazy greasy waxy hormon hair while bf my DC and it was amazing. Alternate with your normal shampoo. Hair was so swishy and clean. Was about £10 online from look fantastic or feel unique or somewhere like that.

Cakescakescakes Fri 04-Mar-16 15:55:11

Hormonal not hormon

I use Aussie Mega shampoo, and that works really well for me - my hair is so greasy it needs washing every day, but this shampoo leaves it feeling clean and silky.

I also use Pantene Classic Clean 2:1 shampoo, when I don't have time for two washes and a rinse - I prefer the Aussie, but the Pantene so good too.

HeyMacWey Fri 04-Mar-16 16:02:59

I've just started using the new clay L'Oréal elvive one and can now get three days wear out of my hair (wash on 4th day).

Find the tresemme deep cleansing one good too.

toomuchinternets Fri 04-Mar-16 19:09:51

I've been using the silicone free pantene and it's definitely helping.

gant Fri 04-Mar-16 19:14:22

I use the tresemme clarifying one once every few washes. The Redken clear moisture range is good as it's very light.

Cherry78 Fri 04-Mar-16 19:16:52

I've been using one from Lush that is very good but would love to find one that is sold in the supermarket

FreeButtonBee Fri 04-Mar-16 19:24:56

Hairfix pre cleanse. It's a non foaming cleansing lotion which you put on them shampoo after. Was the only thing that fixed my post twins rampant hormonal surge.

Swell is pretty good for day to day. Although I have to be pretty sparing with the conditioner. But the shampoo is excellent.

WinterIsNeverReallyComing Fri 04-Mar-16 19:52:13

Another vote for Aussie mega. I also find that my hair lasts better if I condition first (also Aussie) from about 2 inches below the roots, and then shampoo after. I tried it on a whim one day, thinking it was bollocks, but for my hair it makes a real difference in how clean and non-product-y it feels.

oldlaundbooth Fri 04-Mar-16 20:48:27

Cherry what's the one from Lush called? Is it I Love Juicy?

octopusrus Sun 06-Mar-16 12:48:53

I don't know how my hair manages to be greasy yet dry at the same time. I have to wash every day as when I wake up it looks wet!

But it still gets dry. Don't understand! I've tried leaving it for days and days to 'train it' but that definitely doesn't work for me.

Shortandsweet20 Sun 06-Mar-16 21:10:25

Thank you for all the suggestions! I'll check a few out! Will let you know how hey are!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now