Shoe Help! Plantar Fasciitis

(4 Posts)
Maidupmum Thu 03-Mar-16 21:45:02

My plantar fasciitis is really playing up at the moment. I am currently struggling to walk & in agony and I need some shoes to wear to work. I have these already but I'd much rather be wearing these.
People of Mumsnet, please help me find some non-fugly shoes that I can walk in and wear with pride!

SunnyL Thu 03-Mar-16 21:54:15

I've been struggling for months with plantar fasciitis and aside from Nike running trainers my comfiest shoes have been an old pair of Clarks dolly shoes with v moderate heels.

HolgerDanske Thu 03-Mar-16 23:44:35

If you find a sports shop that offers FootBalance insoles it will be the best £45 you'll ever spend in your life. They are custom fitted to your arch exactly and you can wear them in pretty much any flat shoe and some with a low heel. I suffered with chronic and extremely severe plantar fasciitis for six years plus and this was the only thing that made a real difference to me. You will feel the difference from the moment you put them in, it really does alleviate a lot of the pain. I don't suffer with it at all anymore.

I worked in sports retail for years and these were consistently raved about by athletes for use during sports and especially for running, army personnel for marches and active duty, elderly people with general foot issues, and we had lots of people suffering with plantar fasciitis come in having been recommended a fitting by their podiatrists or chiropodists. You should be able to find retailers near you who sell them with a Google search.

polyhymnia Fri 04-Mar-16 00:13:10

Those insoles sound amazing. Don't have PF any more thank goodness but had a bout in past and have to say the Fitflops did help. I actually hate v high heels like those M and S ones but still prefer more stylish flats than FFs. There are loads around at the moment which perhaps you could wear with the insoles. My favourites are R and B, LKB, some Hobbs, some Geox

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now