Bra intervention people...

(5 Posts)
TheWomanTheyCallJayne Thu 03-Mar-16 09:45:22

I'm off into the city in about half an hour to get some new bras as mine are knackered. I know what size to look for and I'm happy with that but am unsure of style. I'm not a lacy person and have always liked t-shirt bras as I'm ultra sensitive since breastfeeding but I'm not sure they're the right shape for me. I seem to have lost all the substance from the top. A little bit gold ball in socks but not too bad but where it has gone is where it doesn't fill the top of the otherwise well fitting cups I measure as.
What would be the best style for me?
Tia

CMOTDibbler Thu 03-Mar-16 09:48:04

Half cup styles or balconette are best when you've lost volume at the top.

Are you sure on your size? As in your band size is the actual measurement round your ribs, bend over without bra to measure over bust?

iwannadancewithsomebody Thu 03-Mar-16 09:51:50

Your best bet would be to go into a department store and get fitted properly for their brands as they do range considerably. For example, I am a B cup in Marks and Spencer and a D in Debenhams.

I have similar boobs to what you have described and avoid balcony style bras. I do love a good push up bra, but that may not be suitable for you

TheWomanTheyCallJayne Thu 03-Mar-16 09:55:25

Yes. I've measured bra intervention stylee a few times. (And tried to convert my friends)
I'm avoiding getting fitted in a department store as they're notoriously bad. Probably going to go to bravissimo and I suspect they could advise me but I like to know too.

salsamad Thu 03-Mar-16 10:02:40

If you have slightly bigger boobs (D cup and above) then i would really recommend Bravissimo. They are fantastic. You get properly measured and they have loads of lovely styles and types of bras. I am a 32 F and have always found something I like there. They have a wide range of Tshirt bras in various styles. I much prefer them to M&S and Debenhams - the Bravissimo staff are well trained and experienced fitters and their attention to detail is superb. Unsure which city you are heading into, there are 3 branches in London but 22 other branches across the country - check their website for more details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now