Where can I sell / exchange my Hermes scarf?

(15 Posts)
ProjectGainsborough Mon 29-Feb-16 10:52:40

It's in absolute perfect nick, but I don't wear it now that I've had my colours done. I would like to sell it and buy another (prob second hand, given my current budget!) in 'my' colours.

I'm assuming if I put it on ebay, people will think it's fake. Has anyone done this before? Do you know of a reputable shop that would buy / exchange it?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 29-Feb-16 11:03:36

There are loads of Hermes scarves on EBay, no one will think it's faked. They go for good prices, I've got 3 - ranging from £40 (bargain) to £80.

I've never seen a fake Hermes, but plenty of other designer fakes. They're silk and have hand rolled hems so who would bother - too easy to tell the difference.

SpeakerOfTheHouse Mon 29-Feb-16 11:08:22

Which one do you have projectgainsborough and what are you wanting for it? Plenty of 2nd hand designer shops about but they charge a commission. I've bought hermes off ebay before... I have a scarf fetish healthy appreciation... grin

YellowTulips Mon 29-Feb-16 14:27:17

Best place is Vestaire Collective.

I've actually just bought 2 x Hermes Scarfs from there :-)

VagueIdeas Mon 29-Feb-16 14:29:47

Consignment sellers are the way to go. I can recommend Naughtipidgin's Nest. She's a delight to deal with.

extralemonylemoncake Mon 29-Feb-16 14:56:22

There are plenty of genuine Hermès scarves on eBay. IMO eBay is the best place to sell because second hand shops and places like Vestaire Collective all take quite a large cut of your selling price.

Find out what your scarf is called (if you don't know, check this catalogue) and search for it on eBay under "sold listings" to give you an idea of what it's worth. Prices vary greatly depending on size and style. Laurie's 40 to 80 pounds seem like pretty good bargains. Most larger scarves will sell for more than that.

BanningTheWordNaice Mon 29-Feb-16 15:03:28

VagueIdeas do you know if Naughtipidgin has a good turnover? I've got a few things I want to sell but don't want to wait months and months... Cheaper than VC though for sure and ebay is becoming more and more worrisome.

extralemonylemoncake Mon 29-Feb-16 15:03:41

Oh, and OP, if by any chance it happens to be "C'est la Fête" in Bleu Nuit/Gris/Prune please please please PM me. grin

YellowTulips Mon 29-Feb-16 15:06:02

Can you take a picture of it OP? If it's one I like I'll make you an offer grin

citychick Mon 29-Feb-16 15:24:57

Also try www.thefinerthingsaberdeen.com if no one on MN nabs it!

ProjectGainsborough Mon 29-Feb-16 21:10:36

It's a cent plis des Miao. In pinky peach. Did a search on sold listings and it's gone for anywhere between £87 - £266 (more than I paid for it!)

flowers for the advice. I'll post a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

VagueIdeas Mon 29-Feb-16 21:39:40

VagueIdeas do you know if Naughtipidgin has a good turnover?

Possibly not! She has one of my bags for sale at the moment, but luckily I'm ok with waiting.

ProjectGainsborough Tue 01-Mar-16 11:30:05

this is my scarf, if anyone's interested!

And... scarf aficionados, does anyone want to help me find a replacement? My colours are cool - I was thinking something in rose or green.

extralemonylemoncake Wed 02-Mar-16 11:08:35

Very pretty scarf, sadly not really my colours either. Hope someone else snaps it up quickly!

MarvinGorilla Wed 02-Mar-16 11:17:30

I've sold both an LV scarf and an LV neverfull bag on eBay for virtually retail price. Just include loads of pics!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now